Book 3: Chapter 2: My Name's Aang and I'm Your Freestyle Dance Teacher

Beginne am Anfang

Aang looks apprehensive as he studies the varying reds. "I don't know about this. These clothes belong to somebody."

(Y/n) is the first to leap over the fence after blurting, "The two-piece is mine!" She ducks behind the clothes to avoid being caught by the lazy, sunbathing man facing the other side, snatches the red garment off its clips, and bolts to the other side.

Katara is next. "I call the silk robe!" She runs to her prize and joins (Y/n), giggling.

Aang is contemplative while the whole time, Sokka is looking at them with a flat expression. "But if it's essential to our survival...then I call the suit!" Aang leaps and tugs at it with a gleeful smile.

Unlike the others, Sokka just takes one glance at the napping attendant and just... walks to the line, snags his outfit, and then takes another one for Toph, who gratefully takes it as they walk over.

When they go back to the cave, they undress from their old clothes and stash them in their bags before donning on the new outfits.

Made of plain, dark red material, (Y/n)'s top consists of a deep brown high-collared, sleeveless shirt that is clasped several times in the front, stopping above her bellybutton. High-waisted rich red pants that are cuffed at the ankles with gold, with a brown belt, with flat, brown boots completing the look.

Aang ends up tying the belt from his suit around his forehead to conceal his arrow tattoo, and when he's done, (Y/n) wanted to coddle him because he looks adorable.

"Ta-dah! Normal kid." He exclaims with a bright smile.

Toph is sitting down on a rock, contemplating the shoes she's wearing. "Hmm...I should probably wear shoes, but then I won't be able to see as well. Sorry, shoes!" She brings her knee up to her chest, pulling on the shoe's upper part and popping out the sole with her foot, which propels it into Sokka's face. She stands up and evaluates her new customized footwear. "Finally, a stylish shoe for the blind earthbender."

Katara steps out as she asks, "How do I look?"

Aang's eyes trail from her shoes to her face, getting redder by the second because she looks so pretty in her outfit. even her hair is in a half ponytail, dropping thickly down her back in waves.

Aang points to her neck. "Uh...your mom's necklace."

Katara winces as she touches it tenderly. "Oh...oh, yeah. I guess it's pretty obviously Water Tribe, isn't it?" So, she removes it and tucks it safely into Sokka's bag.

Then, they make their way to the town, this time in open view, and their discomfort fades away the longer people seem to be nonchalant towards them.

They buy some accessories, all fire-themed. Katara buys a thick neckware that is tight against her throat. Toph buys herself a near gold coloured headband that she pushes atop her bun, and Sokka buts a topknot clasp, where he brings his thick brown hair up into a topknot before slitting on the gold clasp. It matches his belted outfit where his pants cuff just below the knees with maroon, and he's fitted his feet in sandals.

(Y/n), instead, buys a golden hairclip. it's in the shape of a flower that has fire sparks carved into it. She lets her hair loose from its tight braid, because she knows they're not gonna be in a fight anytime soon. She pins back a lock of hair to the side of her head and lets the rest blow gently in the wind.

When the others see her, they're in varying states of shock. Katara has her hands clapped to her mouth and Aang points at her hair.

"Your hair!" Aang screeches.

(Y/n) tugs on her hair self-consciously. "What? Does it look bad?"

"It's free!"

Toph only tilts her head in mild confusion. "Her hair's been tied the entire time?"