**✿❀ Chapter One ❀✿**

America, September 4

"I'm home." (Y/n) said, although it was barely audible.

"How was your da- oh (Y/n)... Was it that bad?" Her father asked, concerned over the dark circles under her eyes and her cracked lips.

"Dad, I'm fine. Just..." With each word, more and more tears began to build up. Her dad, although weak and drained of all energy, rushed to his daughter's aide, offering a shoulder to cry on.

"They... They just use me as an escape! They're not real friends! They can see what it's doing to me, so why... Why can't they be like Saiki!? Why can't I just... I'm so tired, dad. I'm so tired..." (Y/n) sobbed out, clinging to her dads shirt even more.

"What if we transferred schools? Would that help?" Her dad questioned, slowly stroking the top of her head.

"I doubt it. Normal people aren't drawn to me at all, it's like I don't exist. But all the psychics can, and they befriend me and cling to me only for my power. It's so tiring." She admitted as she pulled away from her fathers embrace. He took her hands, guiding her to the couch where they both sat down.

"I know things have been hard for you lately. Between the move and your mother's passing, you sleep every opportunity you get. It... scares me. And I know my declining health doesn't make it any easier." Her father said, stroking the top of her hands.

"It's not your fault this is happening. I just feel so lonely. I can't find anyone like Saiki."

"Then don't. Kusuo Saiki is a very special boy, and I know for a fact that no matter how hard you look, you'll never find someone as thoughtful and caring as him. Tell you what. I'll pick up some hours at the market to buy you a cellphone so that you can talk to him! How would that be?" Her dad smiled, trying to pry one out of her as well. (Y/n) only nodded and hugged him.

After a couple more minutes of this, (Y/n) excused herself to bed, making her way up the stairs. She stepped into her bedroom and closed the door behind her, and immediately collapsed to the ground.

"Mom... Kusuo... I miss you both. I'm sorry... I don't know how much longer I can do this..."

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

Japan, September 4

"I'm home-"

"Kusuo! Thank goodness! I accidentally spilled coffee on the manga I was supposed to turn in next week! You think you could he-"

"Sucks, doesn't it?"

Kusuo said as he just continued up the stairs.

"KUSUO HOW COULD YOU!"

Kusuo shut his bedroom door and immediately plopped himself onto his bed. He was exhausted, especially after being dragged along by his 'friends'. Despite what his heart felt, Kusuo could never consider them friends. He, in his opinion, only ever had one true friend. He thought about her constantly, worrying for her well being and happiness.

'Might as well give it a shot.'

Kusuo told himself, propping himself up onto his bed and tried using clairvoyance.

'Nope. Nothing. It could be because she's in America, but I doubt that. It never worked on her before, why would it now?'

Kusuo frowned, not being able to get closure for his friend. Although it has been 6 years, he still thought about her daily. He wondered if she did the same.

His powers never worked on her, not once. She was the first and only person he could see for who they were and what they looked like, not flesh and bones, but their entire being. He always thought she was beautiful, despite her denying it.

He smiled, remembering how she would nullify his psychic powers, making him normal. He remembered how she would lay him in her lap and sing him a lullaby none of them even knew, just made up some day. He remembered the feeling of her thighs under his head, and the feeling of her fingers through his hair, and occasionally, her lips on his cheek.

She was the only person who could have this effect on him. And since she left, Kusuo barely smiled, and tried his best to block everything out.

Kusuo would always cringe at the thought of how he and (Y/n) treated each other. They would hug whenever they saw each other, with the occasional kiss on the cheek. They would constantly have sleep overs but stopped at the age of 12 because of Kusuo freaking out, although (Y/n) never understood why. Well, she did, but she wasn't bothered by it. But despite all that, he missed it.

He missed her.

The last thing Kusuo thought about was his friends face, before drifting off to sleep.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

"Hard day, huh Kusuo?" (Y/n) asked, petting the grass beside her. Kusuo sat down, immediately resting his head on her shoulder. (Y/n) just giggled, and began to play with his hair.

"Can we stay like this... For a while?" Kusuo asked, too tired to be embarrassed by his request. After hearing a small yes, he felt a pair of lips on top of his head, and all the thoughts seemed to vanish. Kusuo sighed in relief, feeling truly at peace. He loved how her body felt against his, even if it was the smallest touch. He loved how her fingers danced around his scalp, tugging at random strands of his hair. He loved the way she smelled. No matter how hard he tried, he could never place a name onto her scent. He loved watching her chest slowly rise up and down, knowing by the calm rhythm of her breathing that she, too, was at peace. He loved everything about this moment. She began to hum what became their song, one that he always remembered, and would hum to himself every now and then.

~"Even all the heartache, all that crying
Even all the hurting, like I'm dying
I remember every second with you, and I loved it, everything
Even now remaining is that bitter
Scent of lemon, that'll never leave
Waiting out the rain, I can't go home until it's clears away
Like a single half of fruit, split into pieces where they lay
Even now, you're still inside, you are my light that never fades."~

(Y/n) sang in a low, hushed voice. It seemed that she had finally placed the perfect words to their perfect tune, ones that Kusuo was more than content with.

"But everything fades sooner or later, right? " Kusuo lifted his head to look at his friend, his eyes slightly widened by her question. (Y/n) just smiled, before turning into sakura petals.

Kusuo screamed as he reached out, but nothing could be heard.

He was too late.