"Why don't you shift back? I want to kill you fair in square," Bruno taunted, assuming a fighting stance with one leg forward and one back. He lifted one arm up into the air and other held his knife. "Let your little mate see you one last time before I end your miserable life."

"Don't listen to him!" Mary shouted, unable to hold back anymore. Tears were streaming down her face. Ryker wolf's ears perked up upon hearing her voice, but he didn't look in her direction.

"You're better than him. You fought, and you won. You earned this title. This is your pack!"

Ryker lunged. A renewed look in his eyes. A surge of energy pulsing through the air. Immediately, Brunos's confidence wavered as Ryker's jaw locked in on Bruno's right shoulder—the arm that was holding the knife. Snarling, Ryker shook his head. Bruno roared in pain. He grabbed onto the fur on Ryker's neck and pulled, flipping Ryker over onto his back. Ryker rolled over and attacked again. Using his head, he hit Bruno so hard he flew across the field.

Everyone widened the circle. Not wanting to interrupt what was happening. Bruno was within range from Mary. She could shift and attack him now. Kill the betraying bastard. But this was a challenge. She couldn't interfere or her mate would lose.

She dug her fingers deeper into the earth to keep her from ripping into his body. For the first time in Mary's life, she wanted blood.

Ryker shifted into his human. Standing tall and proud—naked, too.

Bruno's claw marks were on his chest. He was still bleeding, but he looked so magnificent underneath the moonlight.

So beautiful.

Her male.

Her warrior.

Her Alpha.

Her heart.

Ryker broke into a run. She could see how pale he was. He was fighting it so hard.

Bruno, already seeing Ryker running, scrambled to stand up. He searched for his knife. His hands scrambling all over the grass for it. Seconds before Ryker reaching him, he found it. Lunged for the knife. He grabbed it and swiped it in the air. It slid across Ryker's skin.

Her heart leapt in her chest.

It was a severe cut.

Ryker's eyes met hers fleetingly and in her eyes, she willed him to be strong. She begged him to cling onto their mate bond and the strength of it to fight. Ryker gave her a tired smile, as if he was trying to reassure her. Mary thought he was insane, but couldn't help but love this man completely. Behind him, she could see Bruno attacking again.

Mary's eyes widened in terror. Bruno was going to kill Ryker. Words of warning crawled up her throat and were about to leave her mouth when Ryker turned around and wrapped his hands around Bruno's wrist.

A loud crack pierced the night sky.

Bruno roared in pain.

The knife dropped to the ground.

Spinning around, Ryker hit Bruno's chest with his palm. That blow must have broken a few ribs. She was sure of it. Bruno flew back a few more yards, dropped to his knee and coughed out some blood.

Ryker turned his to Mary. She held her breath. The fight wasn't over. It won't be over until one of them dies.

Bruno stood up. He laughed like a maniac. Blood stained his chin and down his chest. He looked like a psychopath.

"That was a good one," he laughed.

Ryker stalked towards him and threw a punch. Bruno blocked with his forearm, pushing it away before body slamming into Ryker. He had thought for Ryker to fly back, but Ryker grabbed onto Bruno's arm. Ryker wasn't going anywhere.

Ryker flipped Bruno over his shoulder, roaring with fury. Bruno fell onto his back. He groaned out loud at the hard impact. Ryker didn't wait. Her mate kicked Bruno hard in the stomach. He flew across the fields again like a rag doll and stopped a yard in front of Mary.

So close to me, Mary snarled in her mind.

Just then, they heard loud voices. Shouting of Enforcers.

Reinforcements.

Ethan.

He got help.

The tension in Mary's body let off a bit, but the second she got distracted and let down her guard, Bruno lunged at her and wrapped his arm around her neck. He held her against his body as a shield.

"You lost, Bruno." Ryker stalked toward them. In his eyes, she could see that he was in complete control, but there was that little glint of gold that shimmered. He was afraid for her life.

"I don't give a fuck!" Bruno snarled, tightening his arms around her neck almost like he was a cornered animal. He was erratic in movement, tugging Mary and almost choking her. "If I can't have that Alpha title, I'll take your little mate with me."

"Take her and my Enforcers will chase you. There is no safe place on earth for you." He was still walking towards them but stopped a few yards.

Bruno was still inching back. His eyes were looking everywhere. The Enforcers arrested the rogues that Bruno brought into the territory. They captured the pack members who have betrayed. Bruno knew he had nothing left.

The Enforcers moved in. Tightening the circle. Bruno stumbled back, shouting and making empty threats. Bruno dragged Mary down a little slope. He lost his footing.

It was at this moment Mary made a move. She grabbed onto his arm and bit into hard. Bruno roared in pain.

"You bitch!" he screamed. "You'll pay for this."

Mary stomped down hard on Bruno's foot like how her brother taught her back in the days. Bruno was caught off guard. It either his arm or his foot. He threw her away from his body.

Mary went flying. Her body couldn't control her fall. Everything happened in slow motion. She could see from the corner of her eyes that Ryker rolled onto the ground before getting onto his knees. Then he stood and in one swift move the knife that Bruno used on him spun in the air toward Bruno.

Bruno's scream stopped short. She knew that he was dead. There was no doubt about it, but her eyes were on Ryker. As soon as Bruno stopped screaming, Ryker started running towards her. Fear in his beautiful hazel eyes. Voices and bodies running towards her just as she fell onto the ground. Her head hit on something hard.

Immediately, she lost consciousness.