Broadway

"5, 6, 5, 6, 7, 8" I start my dance routine to the song Problem by Ariana Grande.

"I got one less problem without ya, I got one less problem without ya, I got one less problem without ya, I got one less, one less problem," The song sings as a dance. People start clapping.

Now it's time for my favorite part, "Smart money bettin' I'll be better off without you, in no time, I'll be forgettin' all about you, saying that you know but I really, really doubt you, understand my life is easy when I ain't around you," I start breakdancing on the dance floor and people are chanting "Liv, Liv, Liv," so on and so on.

"Iggy Iggy, too biggie to be here stressing, I'm thinking I love the thought of you more than I love your presence, and the best thing now is probably for you to exit, I let you go, let you back, I finally learned my lesson, no half-stepping either you want it or you just playin', I'm listening to you knowin', I can't believe what you're sayin', there's a million you's baby boy, so don't be dumb, I got 99 problems, but you won't be one, like what!" The music stops and I pose.

People start cheering.

"Good job Liv," My friend Chloe says clapping as I get up.

"Ya, that was pretty awesome," My other friend Grace adds.

"Thanks guys," I say.

"Ya, good job Liv," I hear a familiar voice say and I turn around.

Juliana.

"Are you planning on using that to audition for Broadway. You know, your dream," Juliana says sarcastically.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, she is. And she's gonna get in." Chloe says trying to defend me.

"Unlike you, her dad won't just buy her a part. She's gonna earn it," Grace adds.

"Look, you guys don't have to defend me," I say.

Juliana rolls her eyes. "At least I have a home, and parents."

That really got to me. I run out of Diggys. Grace and Chloe chase after me. "Liv, wait up!" Grace yells.

I hop on a bus and just go wherever it takes me.

Chloe pyres open the door with her hands. Man, she's strong.

She and Grace jump in.

"Hey, don't let Juliana get to you," Grace says sitting down next to me.

"Ya, she's just jealous," Chloe says sitting next to me too.

"Jealous of what?" I ask, "she has everything anyone could ever ask for. A big house, rich parents, she's pretty, she can dance-"

Chloe interrupts me, "But she's not as good as you. Her dad has to buy her way into everything."

"I guess your right," I say looking down.

"You know we always are," Grace says popping her collar.

That makes me laugh and I lightly punch her arm.

She pulls the rope thingy that tells the bus driver to stop.

We all get out and head home.

We stop at Broadway. We admire it.

"That's gonna be you one day Liv," Chloe says.

We look at it in silence for a while before heading back home.

Chloe's words still ring in my mind, "That's gonna be you one day Liv, that's gonna be you one day Liv, that's gonna be you one day Liv . . . "