Bruno didn't say nothing but his disobedience and reluctance vibrated deep within his chest. Ryker applied more pressure. Ethan refused to step in. His Alpha was already on edge. Mary didn't know what to do. Bruno was the person who started the fire. He may have been the person who killed the other pack members, but she wouldn't know. She wanted to tell Ryker, but telling him now wasn't a good idea. If Bruno, someone internally, could betray him, what about the rest of the pack members? Was Ethan loyal?

If Ethan wasn't loyal, that means Ryker's odds were not good. She also didn't want to endanger both Gary's and Abraham's life. They were still unconscious. Mary knew very little about fighting.

"If it wasn't for our past, I would take your disrespect as a challenge." Ryker's words laced with barely restrained anger.

He lifted his foot off of Bruno's wrist. Bruno breathed heavily through his teeth. Although Ryker didn't break his wrist, Ryker strained it. She could see how bruised it looked.

"Leave!" Ryker roared.

Ethan jumped and ran out the door. Bruno looked at his wrist and then slid a dirty look in Mary's direction before walking out.

When they were finally alone, Mary walked over to Ryker. Ryker was shaking still. His eyes were closed, and she knew that he was close to shifting. Hoping that her touch could soothe away the anger, she touched his stiff back. Ryker jumped, not expecting her touch, but a moment later, his shoulders sagged and his muscles uncoiled its stiffness.

"Who is he?" Mary asked.

"One of my older enforcers. He's hard to work with, but he has saved my life several times."

Mary thought about what Ryker said. If he said that Bruno had saved his life, why would Bruno harm the pack? It made little sense. Maybe what she wasn't sure on what she saw that night.

Ryker turned and wrapped his arms around her. He moved his face to the crook of her neck and inhaled deeply. She wrapped her arms around him and patted gently.

"I'm sorry that you had to hear those words, Mary. You don't deserve that kind of disrespect," Ryker apologized.

It didn't matter to Mary. Bruno was nobody to him. She has always believed that people can stay whatever they want. What truly matters was that she knew who she was. Mary wasn't a degrading female like how Bruno made her to be. So, his words matter little to her.

"His opinions matter very little to me," Mary admitted.

Ryker chuckled before pulling back to look at her. He cupped her face. His eyes were back to its normal light shade of hazel.

"I don't regret my decision." His eyes traveled to his mark on Mary's neck. He traced the two little teeth marks with his fingertip. "Out of all the life decisions I made, you are the one I don't regret."

She knew he meant it because that was just how the mate bond worked. He couldn't lie to her as she couldn't lie to him.

"Ryker, I—"

Abraham's heart monitor was beeping like crazy. Both Mary and Ryker broke apart. Ryker moved to the monitor screen to look at the vitals. Mary threw open the door to shout for help.

In seconds, nurses and doctors filled the small medical room. Pushing both Ryker and Mary back. One nurse moved to grab a hold of both their arms and tried to push them out.

"Alpha, we need the room. Please step outside and let us save him."

Ryker pushed the nurse's hand away. His wolf and him wanting to be there for their brother. They both wanted to ensure that Abraham was safe. His heart twisted in pain at the sight of his little brother unconscious body.