The Call - II

8 Months Ago

   The duo sat in silence as they stared off into space. Each captured inside their own deep thoughts. The Razor Crest was on already on course for Tatooine. Ever since Corellia received news of her Uncle being alive on Tatooine the atmosphere between the two had become far too dense to even utter a single word.

Momentarily Mando would glance at Corellia to find her eyes. Wondering if she really wanted to leave or was it just the fact that she just needed to go to her last bit of family. He understood her reasoning completely but he didn't get a chance to even discover how he truly felt about her.

A loud sigh was released from the both of them simultaneously causing them both to flinch. Finally, their eyes had locked onto each other. The Mandalorian cleared his throat before bringing his attention back to the front of the ship.

Corellia rolled her eyes and let out a soft huff. She stood up from her seat and made her way down to the docking area of the ship. There she found the child who was messing around with a round object it had found lying around.

A small smile crept its way onto her face at the sight. "Come here little one.." She scooped the small green creature into her arms and slowly cradled it. It cooed in response to her actions and gazed up at her with its huge beady eyes.

Within moments the child had drifted off to sleep. Corellia took it into the Mandalorians sleeping quarters and gently placed in down into the small hammock the Mandalorian had made for it. She continued to hum the sweet lullaby whilst she rocked the hammock back and forth.

"Corellia." Mando placed his hand on her shoulder. "Can we talk?"

Corellia exhaled with slight irritation before turning around. She nodded briefly and stepped out of the room, closing it behind her. "What?"

The Mandalorian was taken back by the tone of her voice. He tilted his head slightly, confused with her attitude. "Are you upset with me? Mad at me? Come on, what is it." The concern in his voice was almost enough to make Corellia forget about her feelings.

"I'm upset. Yes." She responded "For what? I've tried so hard to get you to read me for the last few months. You don't seem to get the picture."

"You're not making sense to me Corellia.." He mumbled softly moving his face closer to hers.

Corellia scoffed in disbelief. "You've never had anyone show you these feelings before. They're new to you I get it. But trust me, I never thought I'd feel this way." Inside she just wanted to scream out of frustration.

The Mandalorian was silence. He didn't know how to respond.

"Din I'm sorry." She took a deep breath before releasing a long sigh. Corellia dug her face into the palms of her hands and shook her head.

With slight hesitation Mando began to lift his helmet off his head, slowly revealing the face underneath. He placed the helmet down on a stack of boxes beside him.

"Look at me." The soothing voice of the Mandalorians rang through her ears. He gently encased her hands in his and leaned forward to look into her eyes. "It's okay."

Corellia's eyes widened in shock. She nearly stumbled back but was held up by Mando's strength. She took her hands away and grabbed his helmet. "Put this back on. I didn't want this, you're going against your beliefs and for wh—"

Before she could say anything else Mando pulled her head forward to meet his lips. Corellia was frozen at the sudden unexpected movement. Before she could even respond the sweet moment had already gone by.

"What?" Was all she could breath out.

Without a moment to waste Mando had put his helmet back on. A small chuckle escaped his lips "That was what you were looking for right?"  Mando immediately returned back up to the cockpit without giving her a chance to reply to his question.

Mando didn't need any more time to figure out his feelings for her. He knew how much she meant to him and that was enough.

Suddenly Corellia felt her body jerk forward causing her to awaken from her short slumber. She brushed the back of her hand against her eyelids and let out a soft unpleasant groan. Before her was the planet Tython. A shaky sigh escaped her lips.

"Alright CR-7, prepare for landing." She commanded the astromech. It chirped in response and exited the cockpit.

Down on the surface of Tython Mando had his own little situation going on. The Child was locked into a meditation state that was taking up it's energy to send out a signal to a Jedi. Ahsoka Tano had informed them of the ancient site on the planet and suggested that they go looking for the Jedi there for she was not the Jedi they were searching for.

"I've been searching for you Mandalorian." An ominous figure appeared over the hill. It was a man in a hooded cloak.

Mando stepped into the light with his blaster pointed up at the unfamiliar face. "Are you a Jedi? Or are you after the child?"

"The child?" He scoffed. "No, I want the armor." The man took off his hood and revealed his face. Under the hood was a man with a scarred face.

The Mandalorian narrowed his eyes and took a step back. He huffed "You'll have to rip my armor off my dead body."

"It's not your armor I seek. The one you received from Cobb Vanth back on Tatooine." Boba explained in a firm voice. "It belongs to me."

"Are you a Mandalorian?"

"I'm a simple man just trying to make my way around the universe, like my father before me. I serve nobody." He replied coldly.

The Mandalorian held his position with his gun pointed at him. He shook his head unconvinced, "I'm not buying it. My people were purged of their belongings and I am not going to give it to some man that is not a Mandalorian."

Boba Fett kept his eyes on Mando and lifted his arm to gesture up towards the cliff. "My friend up there holds a gun and shoot me, this will not end well."

Up on the cliff was a familiar face. There was Fennec Shand with her sniper ready and aimed.

"Hello again Mando."

The Mandalorian almost chuckled at the threat. "I'm the one wearing beskar here. Open fire on me and I'll have you both dead on the ground."

"Oh it's not aimed towards you." Boba stated. "It's aimed towards your little friend up there on that henge."

"You already know this but I'll tell you again." Fennec adjusted herself to line her eye up with the sniper. "I never miss."

The Mandalorian stopped in his tracks. He turned his head for a split second, looking up at the beam the child was emitting.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Corellia stood up on the cliff behind the sniper with the same blaster the Mandalorian had given her aimed at Fennec's head.

Mando immediately turned his head to follow the voice. Beneath his helmet he could almost feel his jaw drop at the unexpected sight.

"Corellia.." He breathed out in complete shock.