19) A mutual understanding

Start from the beginning

He hated to admit it but he was a little happy that Draco had taken his place as it was hard for him to see his soulmate like this, he never wanted her to be hurt and it was awful seeing her in the big bed all alone and so small.

"How is she? Can I see her? I feel awful for shutting the door on.. Malfoy when he needed help." George opened his eyes and stared into the eyes of his little sister who had placed her hand comfortably on his arm.

He smiled at her.
"She's sleeping, she going to be all fine, Gin. Thank you for taking Hermione in your room so we could be alone and also, don't worry about it. It was pretty weird to see Malfoy standing in our house all of the sudden, huh?" He grinned, placing his arm around Ginny's shoulders and she snuggled into it, she still seemed shaking up. He couldn't imagine the shock she had when she saw Draco standing there, the boy who had bullied her through all her short years at Hogwarts, all bloodied up and screaming for help.

"For a moment.." Ginny started but she didn't finish her sentence as she had figured that George already knew what she was going to say.

"We all did.. We have to give him some credit though. He's an unbelievable git but he will always be El's best friend," George said softly, so Draco could not hear them talk about him. "I believe him when he says he will take good care of her. Now off to bed, it's late! You can see her in the morning if she has woken up."
George directed Ginny back to her bed room and closed the door after wishing her good night.

George really did think that Draco would do anything to keep his soulmate safe and that comforted him a great deal.

"Hey." The clock had chimed 8 times in the big house on Grimmauld Place and Draco was staring in the eyes of Fred. "Do you want some breakfast? You could join us downstairs."

Draco blinked his tired eyes, who he could barely keep open, at the boy, struggling to see him clear from the lack of sleep. He had stayed up all night, dozing off a few times but immediately woken up after his thoughts snapped to Eleanor.
"What about..?" He gestured to the still sleeping girl and his heart fluttered at how peaceful Eleanor looked, she wasn't in pain anymore.

"Noah had an early appetite, he can keep watch on El. You should really eat en go catch up on some much needed sleep," Fred said and his eyes darted to Eleanor, he had barely slept too but he was sure that it was more than the Slytherin boy.

Draco appreciated Fred a lot at the moment and nodded at how right he was. It had been a silent understanding that they were done with fighting, both too tired of it. They both cared about Eleanor, they both would do anything in the world for her, they should try and get along.

"Yeah.." Draco said, more to himself than to Fred and he lifted himself from the chair, the blanket that was resting on his legs falling to the ground. He stretched a little before walking after Fred and passing Noah that was entering the room, giving each other a stern nod.

The room fell silent when Draco entered the room, he kept his eyes on the floor, suddenly feeling nervous for being in a house where almost everyone hated him.
Fred gestured to the chair next to him and Draco silently took place, his eyes still on the table instead of looking who was around him.
"Morning," Fred said and everyone hummed a good morning back. Draco didn't say anything.

"How is she, Mal.. Draco?" A voice next to Fred spoke and he noticed the concerned and a little hesitant eyes of George. They still didn't completely trust him, he saw.