Chapter 58: As you Wish

"I'm so sick of him!" Abby kicked a stick. "He loves her more than me."

"Why doesn't he just kill her or something?" Ryan asked, pushing a branch out of his way. He whacked a few mosquitos down to the ground too. Maybe a walk in the woods wasn't such a great idea.

"I don't know."

"Where is she now?" Ryan asked.

"He locked her in her room," she shrugged. "Some kind of old torture method where the room is all white, and she loses her mind or something. I don't know, my father is an idiot."

Abby stopped walking. Ryan stood by her side. "You alright?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She took his hand and placed it around her shoulders as if she wanted him to comfort her. That's is exactly what Ryan did. He comforted her. "Well, I don't need him. I have you now. We can do things together."

"Yeah," Ryan faked a smile. Faking to be Abby's boyfriend might have been the worse thing he could ever do, but it was the only way to possibly save Violet. Ryan didn't do the things he did because he wanted power. He did it for Violet, and he was desperate to save her. He owed her his life.

"You know what we should do?" Abby looked at him. "We should kill Violet and her stupid mother."

"What if your dad finds out? He'll murder us."

"True," she continued walking.

"So," Ryan raised an eyebrow. "What time does your dad normally do his painting?"

She shrugged. "Like from 5am-4pm, I think."

"Are you usually home around that time?"

"No," she said. "I have school with my friend Emily."

"Emily?"

She chuckled. "My dad thought about making her one of us if Violet didn't join. I love this plan."

"What's his plan?"

She winked. "It's a secret. But it involves murder."

Ryan heard the excitement in her voice. Even though he killed people, he never went after the innocent. He killed known criminals. His heart wasn't as hard as Abby's. It definitely wasn't as evil as hers.

***

Mrs. Harmon slammed her second glass of liquor on the table. The home she wasn't in couldn't help her, and without Violet, she couldn't help herself. "No leads no nothing. It's as she vanished."

Mr. Harmon patted her back then walked inside of the living room. "Want your bags upstairs or what?"

"Leave it," she said. "I got it." Veronica lit a cigarette and blew the smoke into the air. With all the alcohol in her body, she desired nothing but sleep. Sleep was the only thing that stopped her from doing the worst. The only bit of hope she held onto was that her daughter was out there and that they would find her.

After she had finished her cigarette, she took her bags and carried them upstairs. Mr. Harmon watched her, knowing that she wouldn't take the bags to the room first. She went straight to Violet's room only to notice that the wall was plastered.

The wall wasn't plastered, and Violet was definitely behind that wall. She just didn't know.

"What the fuck did you do to Violet's room?" Veronica walked back down the stairs.

"She's been gone for so long," Mr. Harmon sighed. "It just hurt me too much to walk past her clothes every day.

A breath of air escaped Veronica's mouth. "That is so selfish of you. I didn't want that," she slurred.

He shrugged. "Well, decisions were made after you left and I thought I would never see you again."

She let out a faint chuckled. "You asshole," she said, then walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. She closed her eyes and immediately fell asleep.

He walked inside of the living room and smiled at her. The way she acted now was exactly what Mr. Harmon wanted. He left her alone and walked upstairs into Violet's room.

Violet was on the floor hugging her knees with a bowl of white rice and milk next to her. She constantly looked around as if something kept moving out of place. She ran out of motivated words to say. It's been 3 weeks, and she already was willing to do anything to get out of there. She even apologized but didn't say to who. She was ready to do anything, except give up her soul to evil.

***

Mrs. Harmon woke up around 12 at night and walked out of her bedroom, closing the door shut behind her. She walked downstairs and down the hall towards Violet's room then sat by her door which was gone. "Violet, babe?" Veronica said with her head against the wall. "I miss you. I'm so sorry for what I've done."

Violet woke up when she heard a muffled voice in the room. "Hello?" Violet said for the hundredth time that night after hearing so many voices. However, not recognizable, this voice was almost clearer than the rest she had heard.

"Hello?" Veronica said, also hearing a muffled sound. It alarmed her so much that she stood up and placed her ear against the wall.

Violet listened again, then placed her hands on her ears. "There's nothing there," she repeated over and over.

"Babe, are you in there? Violet? It's me. It's your mother."

"There's nothing there," she said for the last time and moved her hands off of her ears.

"It's me. It's your mother," Veronica said.

Violet heard the word, 'Mother' very clearly. She got up and ran towards the wall and pressed her ear towards it to listen.

"Mom?" Violet said.

Veronica heard the words and raised her eyebrows. "Violet? Violet is that you? If it's, you knock on the wall."

Violet heard her loud and clear. She was about to do what she was told, but something stopped her. As soon as she raised her hand in the air, it paralyzed along with her entire body.

"Honey?" Mr. Harmon turned on the hallway light. "What are you doing?"

Veronica started crying. "I heard her. I heard Violet. She's behind the wall."

He walked towards her and placed his arm around her. "Dear, there is nothing behind that wall."

She snatched herself away from Mr. Harmon and knocked on the wall again. "Do it, Violet. Do it so I can get you out of there."

Violet tried and tried, but there was no use. Mr. Harmon's power was stronger than her.

No knock.

Veronica gave up, shaking her head and looking at the ground. She got up and looked at her husband. "Tomorrow, I want that wall down," she demanded, then walked back upstairs.

Mr. Harmon looked at the wall. "As you wish," he whispered, knowing exactly where to put Violet next.

***

SO WHERE IS VIOLET GOING? I bet all of you know!