I won’t admit my age but I’m old enough to remember dial telephones, B & W televisions (with only 3 channels, no cable), typewriters, computers that filled whole rooms, Pong (look it up), Disco, the Apollo Moon landings, and new episodes of Gilligan’s Island (again, look it up).
- I believe in God, country, family, and friends.
- I believe in free will. To say our lives are controlled by destiny precludes free will and is a cheat to try to absolve us of responsibility. The choice is ours so try to choose wisely.
- I believe that a majority of the world’s problems could be reduced if we just practiced common courtesy.
- I believe that life is too short to put up with cheap whisky, bad beer, lousy pizza, and/or soggy tacos.
- I believe in caffeine in my coffee. Decaf is like a kiss from your sister… sure it’s a kiss, but what’s the point.
- And I believe people spend way to much time worrying about unimportant things. Everybody eventually dies of something so stop worrying and just enjoy the trip. :-)
Now having said all that I guess I should say I love to read and I’ll read just about anything.
“From every book invisible threads reach out to other books; and as the mind comes to use and control those threads the whole panorama of the world's life, past and present, becomes constantly more varied and interesting, while at the same time the mind's own powers of reflection and judgment are exercised and strengthened.” - Helen E. Haines