Twenty-Three// Sister:

Word Count: 2 566

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

The landing certainly wasn't as smooth as our lift-off and clearly that was the norm with Javelin as the pilot

The landing certainly wasn't as smooth as our lift-off and clearly that was the norm with Javelin as the pilot. No one besides Kai, Wes and I seemed to react to the harsh thrashing and head jerking before we finally touched down.

After stepping out of the ship with everyone else, I come face to face with a whole lot of nothing. The land is relatively barren, without a single tree in sight. The view of the reddish-brown sand against the yellowy sky hasn't done very much in assuring me of why we'd choose to land here. The only source of excitement is the slight buzzing from the Ring's edge.

"Isn't this a little bit too ... open?" Kai asks, scrunching a dark brow as his fingers curl together and scratch behind his neck.

Stitch waves him off, before turning on the ship's cloaking mode, "This is exactly where we need to be."

"Wouldn't it be wiser to stay on the ship?" Wes asks.

"We can't, let's just say we've borrowed it from the Watchers for now. Akani needs to return it before they notice," Stitch responds pulling a little black box that looks a lot like a rubix cube from a pocket somewhere in her pants and throws it hard against the ground. "But I much prefer the alternative anyway," she concludes.

The cube expands like an old-fashioned map, unfolding itself layer at a time before a miniature, black, triangular shaped object rests ahead of us.

"A tent?" I muse, looking from the figure to the other spectators.

It barely looks big enough to house two people at once, let alone nine. I try to voice my concerns, but Javelin hushes me, pressing a finger to my lips and smothering it against my brims messily.

I slap him away, but he offers me a plain smirk which I gladly greet with a glare. Neave is the first to enter the tent and I'm shocked to see it disappear too right after she enters. Stitch follows, then Fay and so on until eventually I'm also stepping inside after Kai.

The worries I had outside melt away as soon as I'm stood indoors. My lips fall open at the sight. A fully furnished pod, complete with an open fire-place, television and kitchen spans the space in front of me.

"What the ..." a collective moan from both Wes and I whistles into the airway.

Akani closes the tent from behind me, bidding us good luck before embarking on what I assume to be his journey back to the capital to drop off the airship. I move towards the kitchenette area, taking a seat on one of the bar stools when Ian hands me a thin, metallic band identical to the one on Stitch's wrist.

"These are your Kara bands," he begins and I take mine gently in my hands, inspecting it curiously. "Every SSA agent has one. They can be connected to a maximum of ten other bands at once. They're equipped with a variety of features that you'll find will be quite useful in future."