Chapter 21: Mini Date

~Time Skip after Naruto
and Jiraiya found Lady
Tsunade and made her
Hokage~

"I'm heading off!" the ravenette called to his cousin who was still in her room. She had already cooked for Sasuke. Y/n emerged from her bedroom and walked over to where Sasuke was standing.

"Okay. Be safe. And work as a team, you're strong. I know that but be a little more... friendly." she said.

"Yeah yeah. We'll be in the Land of Tea. Hn. " Y/n then put her arm around his neck and messed up his hair.

"Hey!" he said as he pushed her off. The older cousin was giggling and whenever she did it was contagious. Her laugh brought life and whoever heard her couldn't help but laugh too. Sasuke snickered a bit and then left off.

Y/N's POV:

*Sigh* What should I do today? Everyone are on missions and Tenten has a family thing. Lucky. A family... And Lee still recovering from his surgery. That leaves Neji. But what would I do? I don't even know if he's home. Well I feel like doing something spontaneous anyway. I made my way to the Hyuga Conpound and was greeted by Hiashi.

Normal POV:

"Oh hello y/n. I'm afraid Hinata isn't here today." he said.

"Hi. I'm actually here for Neji." she said, not trying to arouse any suspicion. Hiashi turned around and called for him. The handsome Hyuga boy was now at the door.

"A friend is here for you Neji. Do you guys have plans?" Hiashi asked, catching on.

"Yes we do." Neji lied. I guess he wanted to get put of the compound. Hiashi smiled and nodded, closing the door behind him.

Once the door was closed Neji smirked.

"Did ya miss me?" he asked looking at the now flustered girl.

"I was just bored. Stop being so full of yourself."  she replied.

"So what do you want to do?"

"I didn't think that far. I wasn't sure if you'd be home or not."

"Well then let's go visit Lee."

"Okay. Let's stop at Ino's flower shop to pick some up for him." the Uchiha girl suggested. Neji nodded.

They walked through the busy town. It was crowded. The village was bustling with merchants and artisans. People were squished together in squirms. Y/n began to stray from Neji, the crowd carrying her.

He reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him.

"Don't go wandering away from me." he said with a smile. This caused y/n to blush. They held hands as they made their way to Ino's shop.

"Hey Ino." y/n said.

"Oh hi y/n and Neji."

"I thought you were on a mission. I wasn't sure if you'd be here." the Uchiha girl remarked.

"We just got back. Then we went to eat some barbecue and I came straight to the shop." Ino replied. The girl hummed in response and began looking at the flowers. Neji followed closely behind. She then came to a stop a few white flowers. They were shaped life a long round cup. She bent down to get a better look at them.

"Calla lilies." she said.

"Those ones are nice." Neji added.

"Mhm. How about we get these."  she suggested.

"Fine by me." he replied. They brought the calla lilies up to the counter where Ino was waiting.

"Ooo. Calla lilies. These are new and fresh. Nice pick. Are these for Lee?" she said as she ran through the numbers.

"Yep."

"Say hi to him for me."

"Will do."

They left the shop and visited Lee, placing the flowers on his nightstand next to his hospital bed. But Lee was not in his bed. Instead he was doing pushups outside.

"Lee!"

"Oh hello there y/n and Neji. What are you doing here?"

"We're here to visit you. We bought flowers. You're supposed to be recovering and resting!"

"I am recovering."

"Well then you need to rest. The flowers are calla lilies. I put them next to your bed, which you should get in right now."

"Thank you!" Lee said, continuing to do his pushups. The couple sighed and then left.

"Where to Ms. Uchiha?" Neji asked, teasingly.

"I don't know."

"Let's get some food. It'll be late lunch." Neji suggested. They walked over to a dumpling restaurant because Ichiraku was full. But the wait was 30 minutes.

"You look so cute when you eat." Neji said as he stared at the h/c haired Uchiha girl.

"S-stop it." There were crumbs from the dumpling near her mouth as she said that. Neji picked up a napkin and wiped it off her face. Her face was bright red. Once they were done eating, the sun had already begun to set. Suddenly, Neji swooped y/n off her feet and held her bridal style. He hopped onto the roof and began to run.

"N-neji. Where are we going?"

"You'll see. I hope we make it in time."

After a couple of minutes of running, they were on top of the Hokage's faces. Neji set his girlfriend down and sat down with her. The sun was setting. The vibrant colors crashed into each other. The sun lit up the sky giving off a glow. After a few minutes the colors were now blended and the sun was now low. (i did not mean for that to rhyme lol) Y/n laid her head onto Neji's shoulder.

"It's beautiful." she hummed. He simply nodded as he rested his head on her head and put his hand on-top of hers.

"This is what you wanted to show me?"

"Mhm."

"Well thank you." she looked at him and gave a light smile.

"Y/n...I love you."

"I love you too, Neji." she placed a light kiss on his lips and then rested her head on his shoulder yet again.