Chapter 6: A Rank Mission

~Time Skip Several Months Later~

"I'm so proud of you guys. You've improved so much and made so much progress!" Guy sensei said embracing his four students into a big hug. Neji and y/n still had not caught the signs of each other's feelings and still sheepishly blushed at how close they were.

"What's with you Guy sensei? You're suffocating us." Tenten asked.

"We just received our first A-ranked mission!" Guy sensei exclaimed as he put them down. All of their faces lit up. Their hard work had finally been recognized. After the many C and D ranked and several B ranked missions, the works of the four kids had been proven useful.
Lee even started to tear up. He had worked the hardest.

Improvements:

Lee - started to train with weights
- improved on his taijutsu
- learned Leaf Hurricane (still needs work)
- learned Primary Lotus (still needs work)

Tenten - improved her variety of weapons
- learned summoning jutsu
- learned how to use nunchucks
- improved her weaponry handling

Neji - improved his Gentle Fist
- mastered Eight Trigrams 128 Palms
- mastered his rotation

Y/N Uchiha - mastered regular Sharingan
- improved on Fire Ball Jutsu
- learned Phoenix Sage Fire justsu
- learned Wind Release

"Tomorrow we'll set off to the Village Hidden in the Sand. Meet up here at 6:00 am in the morning. We will be escorting a feudal lord's daughter to the custody of the Hidden Sand." Guy sensei explained.

Training was easy, just sparing. Neji and y/n were partners as Lee and Tenten were partners.

"Byakugan!"

"Sharingan!"

They started off with exchanging hits. This continued. Hit. Counter. Hit. Counter. Hit Counter. Their skills were on par with each other.

~Time Skip Next Day~

"Sasuke I'm leaving! I won't be back for a week since it takes 3 days to get to the Hidden Sand. There's a box Cup of Noodles in the pantry."

Sasuke got up early to send off his cousin for her first A ranked mission. He groggily hugged her.

"Stay safe okay? If not what am I going to do?" Sasuke asked. Y/n smiled.

"Well one day when you have a girlfriend you'll leave me and you'll have to learn how to cook and take care of yourself." she ruffled his hair then left.

"Where's Guy sensei?" y/n asked. The rest shrugged. It wasn't like Guy sensei to be late. She walked over to Tenten and rested her head on the other girl's shoulder. Tenten then rested her head on y/n's head.

"Tired?" Tenten asked.

"Yep." y/n replied. The morning was cold and foggy. The atmosphere was light but seemed heavy at the same time. The air felt relaxed yet tensed the four students.

"Good Monring! Sorry I'm late." Guy sensei chimed. A petite girl about their age followed him. She had long light colored hair, hazel. Her eyes drooped down a bit but were beautiful. Her hair was in a bun and her lips were full. She was wearing an orange dress with long open ended sleeves and had a blue brooch in the middle. The dress was complimented with designs of white and blue. In all, she was gorgeous.

"This is Saya. She is the feudal princess we will be escorting." Guy explained. She gently bowed her head.

"Pleasure to meet you. I was here because of some conflict with our Villages but now that it's cleared up, thank you for escorting me." she said very politely. Very well mannered and well dressed, the title of 'princess' wasn't just for show. Lee took her bag and we began our journey.

Saya kept glancing at Neji. Tenten and y/n were talking while guarding the back of Saya. Neji was to her right and Lee was to her left. Guy sensei was several yards ahead.

"What's your name?" Saya asked looking at Neji and smiling.

"Neji Hyuga."

"And I'm Rock Lee!" she looked annoyed when Lee answered.

"So Neji do you like dango?" she continued.

"Sweets are not my thing."

"I do!" Lee said. Saya ignored Lee again.

"Hm. I see. Do you like spicy food then?"

"No. I prefer plain herring soba."

"I LOVE SPICY CURRY!" Lee exclaimed.

"SHUT UP I WASN'T ASKING YOU! Oh really, Neji? I like that too."

Lee looked hurt and stopped talking. Y/n began to get irritated but didn't show any frustration.

"Eh Tenten. What do you think of Saya?" y/n asked, sparking a conversation.

"She was a bit rude to Lee just now. But she seems so proper. Why? Oh are you jealous because of Neji?" Tenten said with a smirk as she lightly elbowed her best friend. Y/n blushed.

"N-no!" she stammered. Tenten raised and eyebrow and gave a grin.

"Okay. Sure."

"Neji. Has anyone ever told you that you're so handsome?" Saya chimed, earning a slight blush from Neji.

"No. I have no need for compliments." he said, remaining his composure. Y/n let out a "tch."

This girl is going to be a problem. y/n thought.