Chapter 10: The Past

Y/n walked into inn and made her way to their room. She knocked on the door. Guy sensei opened it to her with a big smile. The smell of grilled fish filled the room. A buffet was set down on the table. Her face lit up as she gazed at the food, mouth watering. Until her gazed landed upon an unpleasant sight.

"Y/N! Where were you?!? We were searching all day for you!" Tenten exclaimed, embracing her into a hug.

"I made some new friends. Anyway what is she doing here?" she said pointing to Saya sitting next to Neji at the table.

"Saya came to thank us and offered us dinner." Guy explained. Y/n simply nodded and took a seat across from Saya.

"Itadakimasu!" The team began to dig in, but y/n simply ate one piece fish and nothing more.

"Hm? What's wrong y/n? Why aren't you eating?" Guy sensei asked with his mouth full.

"Yeah? What's wrong y/n?" Saya asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm not that hungry. I ate ramen earlier." she replied.

"So y/n I heard you're an Uchiha." Saya said.

"Yes I am."

"Didn't all the Uchiha's die? Like why are you still here?"

"My cousin and I are the only survivors." she began to get ticked off.

"How does it feel to be from such a useless clan that was killed by one person?" Saya asked. The table grew quiet and the atmosphere was heavy.

"Excuse me." y/n said as she looked at the ground and left the table.

-Flash Back 6 Years Ago-

It was a normal day. Y/n had just gotten back after some training with Sasuke. Her mom was cooking as her dad was looking threw some papers on the dinner table.

"Hi. I'm home!" she chimed.

"Oh y/n! Welcome back? Where's Sasuke?" her mom asked.

"He's still out training."

Her mom gave a weak smile but her eyes were full of concerned and worry. Y/n did not know this at the time for she was only 6.

"Y/n come here." her dad called her over and patted his lap. She sat down.

"I just know you'll be an amazing shinobi like your cousin Itachi. You're so strong." he remarked. She smiled.

"Oh yes you make us so proud." her mom came over and gave her a little kiss on her cheek, earning a giggle.

~Time Skip 2 Hours Later~

"Time for dinner!" y/n's mom called. Y/n ran to the dinner table. But suddenly there was a shriek. Her mom's eyes filled with horror and her dad's smile turned into a frown. There was another scream. Screams filled the town one by one.

"W-what's happening Mama?" y/n asked. Her mom pulled out a knife and handed it to y/n.

"Okay y/n you have to be strong. You're going to have to put the knife in me okay?"

"W-what do you mean Mama?"

"Your cousin Itachi is going to be here in a few minutes to kill us. But he's a nice boy so we need you to kill us instead." her dad explained.

"B-but why? C-cousin Itachi l-likes us though." her hand was trembling with the knife. Her mom moved her hand and placed the tip of the knife over her heart.

"I love you y/n. Remember that. Don't seek revenge." suddenly her mom leaned forward into the knife y/n held. It pierced her heart, but y/n was still holding it. Her eyes full of terror and tears. Her mother laid limp on the floor in a puddle of blood. Her father then took her hand with the knife and placed it over his own heart.

"We are so proud of you y/n. But this is goodbye. Live." he then did the same as what the mother had done. Y/n let out a scream, of confusion and sadness and regret. She let go of the knife as her father sank down onto the floor. She fell onto her knees her eyes not looking away from the scene. She sat there in the puddle of blood, hugging her parents as the cold blood soaked her clothes.

"M-mama!?! P-papa!?!"

Suddenly Itachi comes in the house and she turns to face him. His eyes are filled with regret and pain but his face was serious and frightening.

"I-itachi? M-mama and papa are d-dead. W-why?" she looked at her cousin with streams running down her face. When Itachi met her eyes he was shocked to see a similar pattern to his. Mangekyou Sharingan. She had awakened it because she took the life of her parents, but she never knew she had it. (Still doesn't know yet)

"I'm sorry y/n. I will spare you because I pity you." he looked away with a tear trickling down his cheek not wanting to face his little cousin who he adored so much. Suddenly they heard Sasuke's little footsteps. Y/n was about to call out to him but Itachi knocked her out, leaving her laying in the puddle of blood alongside her parents.

She wakes up only to be in the hospital and surrounded by Anbu. She remembered the scene.

"Where's Sasuke?!?" she shrieked.

"Sasuke is fine. You were asleep for 2 days." the anbu explained. She recalled Itachi's last words. Pity. What a mysterious thing. It's the thing she hated the most but the same thing that kept her alive. Pity.

~Present Time~

Y/n washed her face and looked at the mirror.

"Technically there were 2 murderers." she muttered to herself in guilt. As she looked at herself she saw a different pattern than her usual sharingan. Flashbacks of the day came back much more vivd than before. She then remembered Itachi's sharingan which had looked similar to her new one. She started to pant as blood started to drip out of her eyes. Her eye returned to normal and the bleeding stopped.