Steps of Fate and Why I'm Uploading It Just Now//TW

TW: R//PE AND S//IC//DE

So, as some of you may know, I'm working on a JoJo fanfiction. I've been into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for almost a year now--I watched all the animated parts during quarantine and I finished Steel Ball Run during the Summer. I haven't gotten that deep into JoJolion yet because it is just so confusing (why are there so many Higashikatas I'm--)

Anyway

Steps of Fate is mainly a Bruabba (Bruno x Abbacchio) fanfiction about their daughter, an OC I created back in September out of boredom. I mean, if Jouta Kujo exists for Jotakak then why not do something for Bruabba, ya know? So off I go, designing the perfect child--Arancini Leone-Bucciarati (AND YEAH I KNOW LEONE IS HIS FIRST NAME, I'M AN IDIOT, OKAY? Also, Arancini Abbacchio-Bucciarati didn't sit well with me so, I just left it that way).

It was all fun and games until some lovely JoJo dudebro got pissed enough to send me threats through my Instagram DMs. Along with the typical "x character isn't gay!!" and "You're ruining JoJo for me" arguments, my guy decided to send me r//pe threats, going disturbingly into detail of what he wanted to do to me once he found me (oh yeah, the dox threat was there too but somehow didn't happen? But since I blocked him he's probably spreading my information like butter on a warm slice of toast). Obviously, I reported him but Instagram is useless and said his account didn't violate community guidelines even though he was saying racial slurs and posting N4zi memes about burning Jewish people alive (if any Jewish person sees this Happy Hanukkah please stay safe I love you!!). Oh, like every good internet troll he also told me to go commit aliven't. That ain't happening anytime soon yet, babe--I haven't met Bella Thorne yet (I know Bella isn't seen in a good light recently but she helped me go through stuff in sixth grade so despite her mistakes she's still a huge comfort for me, that's a topic for later).

So I decided to keep the guy blocked and for the safety of friends, followers, and fans, I will not reveal their username. This individual seems dangerous even for an edgelord internet troll, so stay safe lovelies.

I started writing Steps of Fate shortly after designing Arancini. I was taking a break from Little Witch Academia and just opened Google Docs and began writing it. Because of what happened, I was very afraid of posting the fic to the internet, but people apparently got interested in Arancini and her story, so I might as well just start posting the few chapters I have so far on here and AO3. Also!! Thank you everyone for taking New With at School to nearly 10k reads!! It means the ENTIRE world to me, especially on its second anniversary.

I don't get why JoJo dudebros get so upset about the GGTs (girls, gays, and theys) liking JoJo. You guys do know we are allowed to headcanon as many characters as gay as we please, right (as long as we don't cross the line. Remember: IF THEY HAVE A STAR, IT'S GONE TOO FAR)? Like, these are the same people that cry out loud that a character isn't gay then go make MILF Hunter Kakyoin jokes (even though he's A MINOR and all he said was compliment Holly's hospitality. OH, SUDDENLY HE WANTS TO FUCK HER. WOW.) or make ableist jokes about Johnny and stuff (I do agree, however, that we shouldn't ship Pucci and Dio--after all, Pucci was 15 when he met Dio). These are the same people that don't see what's wrong with Stroheim--yeah, he may be fictional but he is still a cartoon N4zi.

Anyway, don't get so pressed about animated characters of the same sex liking each other. Dudebros, you do NOT own JoJo either. We are well free to ship characters as long as it morally acceptable. Stay mad, snowflakes. ;)