4."Dessy."

Louis

The diner had very little rush. Interior were rather modern. The flooring was done with plywood and the walls had contemporary wallpapers, yet it was was warm and homely. Thanking my stars as the place was less crowded, though I don't believe in them much, I walked to one of the booths which was close to the glass window. As soon as I sat down, a young blonde waitress came to take order. 

"Welcome to Big Moon's Diner. What can I get you?" She looked from her tab and her eyes went wide in realization.

 There's goes my star and luck!

But she was quick to compose herself, it's either because she wanted to maintain her professionalism or she might have seen my pleading expression to not scream. She took a deep breath and said, "order, sir?"

"Hmm yeah, I would like a cup of coffee." 

"Are you sure you don't want anything else? I could get our special."

"Nope, a coffee would be it." She shrugged her shoulder and tapped few things in her tab, taking my order.

"Your coffee will be ready in few minutes." She smiled and walked away, turning around to catch a few glimpses of me. I smirked at her when I caught her looking at me, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red. Hmm, she looks beautiful actually, her blonde hair reached till her shoulder and her red dress with black and white cloth belt clutched her body tightly, making it a point to show off her curves. 

Once I saw her walking to me with my coffee, I quickly looked out of the window, not wanting her to catch me gawking.

"Here ya go." She placed the cup of hot steaming coffee on the table. I thought she would leave, but she leaned a little closer and put a napkin on my table, "I like your music." She winked at me. I smirked at her and with that she walked away. I took the napkin and saw her name and number on it.

Alisha

Maybe I should call her? What's wrong in getting laid?! Thinking about it, the last time I had sex was few weeks back. The boys hooked me up with some random girl from an after party. That was to get over my break up. Which I don't think worked though. My thought was broken when the diner's door opened with a ding sounding from the bell. I looked towards the door to see who it was.

She had a grey coat on, underneath it was black and white full sleeve top, her lean slender legs were covered in a black skinny jeans. A scarf wrapped around he neck loosely.

"Dessy! You are late." Alisha called out from the cash counter.

"Uh, I know Alisha, please get me my usual." She was carrying many files and her back was almost off of her shoulder.

My first instinct was to get up and run from here but every part of my body sat there paralyzed  My eyes stood  transfixed on her, and my legs didn't even move from the place. She looked just as beautiful as I had seen her for the very first time. But this time, it was clear, something is missing. Her smile didn't reach her eyes, like it used to. 

Louis, go talk to her. My subconscious mocked at me. Nope, never. Last time I saw her, she didn't recognize me, maybe she's moved on, I didn't want to go knock on her door and make it more awkward. Yeah that's better.

I looked down to my cup of coffee, taking small sips. The only elderly couple had left the diner too, now it was just Alisha, Des and me and maybe the other works in the kitchen. I caught few glances her, she looked stressed out and she was flipping through her files and going through her phone in a haste. her hair was left open and few strands were falling over her face. She looked a mess, a beautiful mess.