3.Park encounter

Louis

Last night, I wasn't able to sleep well at all was an understatement. I kept tossing and turning. Dozing off and get up in the middle of the night couple of times. I would like to conclude that it was because of jet lag, but honestly we all know it wasn't because of that.

"Lou love, why don't you go for a walk, maybe to the old park?" Aunt said suggestively, once she saw me lazing around on the couch and watching tv.

Before saying anything, I thought about it for a minute. Old park, good memories, but nothing with Dessy. So it's safe to go. As the goddess of sleep was busy with others and didn't care about me last night, I had plenty of time to think and that's what I did. I thought and thought, and decided to not do anything that might include her or any of her memories. Till now, it worked and park was a good to go as well.

"Yeah, I should probably go for a walk." I smiled at my aunt.

"That's my boy. Go after breakfast though, I have made pancakes." She walked to the kitchen.

---

There were few kids making snowman, while their parents sat on the bench and watched them. I sat there and observed everything that was happening, a small smile crept into my lips at the memories which I shared with Lottie. Aunt use to take us here mostly all the summer evening.

"I said don't touch my snowman." A shrill voice, broke my train of thoughts.

I looked up to see a little girl, maybe of six year old, pushing at an even smaller kid, maybe four or five years old.

"Bella, let me also play with you" The smaller boy said, though his 'play' sounded more like pay.

"And I said nooooo." Bella crossed her arms across her chest and pouted.

The boy, looked on verge of tears. His head had brown hair, which peeked from his purple beanie, covering almost his forehead, big bluish grey eyes. His small figure was covered in sweater and hands in mittens. He was trying so hard to glare at her, but his teary eyes and pout was not making it an easy task. Then he copied her action, crossing his arms over his small chest, storming off from her and coming closer to the bench, on which I was seated.

He tried to hop on the seat on his own, but unfortunately, his small height didn't let him and he just leaned closer to the wooden bench, I could see his cheeks covering in light shade of red, I wondered if it was because of the cold or because of not being able to hop on to the bench. He kept looking at  Bella and not making any eye contact with me. 

Deciding to intervene, I cleared my throat softly, he didn't up at me but shifted from one foot to another. I tried to not chuckle at this cute lad, and not make him feel more embarrassed, I asked, "do you wanna sit?"

He shook his head, still not looking at me.

"I am Louis, by the way. My friend said, he'd come and play with me, but he didn't."  I sighed in a mock disappointment. 

At this, he looked up at me. "My nanny said Bella would play with me, but she didn't" He burst into tears and opened his arms wide, implying me to pick him up.

My eyes went in shock and surprise, shock because he started to cry unexpectedly and the few parents who heard this looked in our direction, some even scowled at me, making me look like a kidnapper. Surprise because, he wanted me to pick him up.

I quickly put my arms around him and picked him up, placing him on the bench. I looked around for his nanny. Where the hell was the nanny?! How can she be irresponsible and leave two child all alone.

"Hey, hey lad, don't cry lad." I patted his back in a soothing way and after couple of minutes, his crying was reduced to small sniffles.

"I am Aiden." His glassy bluish grey eyes piercing at me, "and I am four." 

I let out a small chuckle. "I am twenty eight." I said, as I shifted few strands of hair which were now falling on his eyes. I heard him gasp and cover his mouth in surprise.

"You are so big." His hands extended to the side, showing how 'big' he meant. "Bella hates me." He stated as he crossed his arms over his chest, lips jetted out, making him unbelievably adorable.

"Why do you think she hates you?" My curious mind couldn't stop from asking him this.

"I-i said i wuve her." He nervously fiddled with his tiny fingers, squirming in his seat, "and uh, and I kissed her cheeks. But she punched me." He finished with a disappointed sigh. I was cent per cent sure that I had a surprised face on, he was barely five, and he said he 'wuve' someone and got punched. I don't know why but I wanted to pat his shoulder and say that I was proud of him, but I am sure his parents wouldn't agree on that.

"Louis, am I a bad boy?" 

"Hmm..I don't think so, as a matter of fact, I feel like you did a good job but telling her." This piece of information gave made him relaxed. I saw his body ease up a bit.

"I didn't tell, mumma." He whispered, looking around as if to make sure no one heard him. At this I laughed. "Aiden, why wouldn't you tell her?" I shook my head at him amusement.

"I-uh, Louis, I am scared." He shrugged.

Before I could answer him, Bella sauntered to us. Looking anywhere but Aiden. "I am sorry, you can play with me." She sighed. 

Aiden's expression to this small sentence was speechless. His eyes were wide and it gleamed of pure happiness and his dimples poked on the side of his cheeks.

"Are you sure, Bella?" He spoke, sitting up a bit straight, with hopeful voice. Bella didn't reply though, she just nodded. Aiden turned to me, "Louis, I am going to play with her. Bye." His small  but strong arms wrapped around my torso.

"Have fun, mate. It was good to meet you." I said, genuinely. He nodded and hopped down from the bench, taking Bella's hand. She looked up at him with shock and with that he pulled her towards the snowman. I laughed at how she started arguing the moment he touched the snowman.

Aiden made me feel like I missed something in my life. The normalcy. A family. Which I was sure I wouldn't get easy or any time soon. If I wasn't a singer, maybe by now, I would have had a son of his age. I would have started a family too, with a normal nine to five job. A family with Dessy?

I sighed and got up from my seat, with one last look at Aiden and Bella, I started to walk away from the park. Looking at my watch, it showed 12:03 pm. I debated whether to go home or walk for a while. Deciding to do the latter, I walked for few more minutes before I came in front of Big Moon's Diner. I wasn't hungry, but tea or coffee could make me feel better, with that I entered the cafe.

God, how I wish I had known then, walking into Big Moon's Diner was the best decision of my life.

-------

Hello lovelies.

Hope you guys saw the picture of Aiden (some kid from google). I don't know who that kid is, but I liked him and felt like he would be suitable for the role.

Now, now.. I know many of you guys might feel bored, but I promise, this drag will not be for that long. Things are going to get better or maybe worse???

Please vote and comment guys. It will only take few seconds for you but will mean a lot to me. 

Lastly, TPWK.

The world needs love.

Love,

H. (I am not copying HS, my name starts with H and many of my friends call me H, HEHEH!)