Chapter 18

Chapter 18.

Brookes POV

''Hi Its Michael I probably didn't answer as I either don't like you or I'm busy. I'll call you back If I care enough.'' the familiar voice plays followed by three beeps of a dialling tone. 

I let out a soft breath of frustration and toss my phone to the end of the bed, grabbing a pillow and pushing it on top of my  face ; letting out a small groan. I have tried to call Michael for the past four days since he went missing from my house - he just upped and disappeared once I finished talking to my mum about perth... Perth oh he doesn't even know about me moving away yet... I mean I haven't made my mind up yet anyway... oh god what if he heard and thats why he isn't answering my calls.

''Still not answering?'' Chase disrupts me from my thoughts, I move the pillow from my face and nod. ''Nothing''.

Chase moved back in yesterday - well until we move. He said although he will miss some of his friends he's willing to move house and town to forget about this awful life. As far as mum knows I am coming too however I'm still unsure I know ill have no where to go but thats what I wanted to talk to Michael about... I could stay with him for a bit until at least I finish High School

''Have you left a message? to say about Perth''

''No. Have you tried the boys? What about Luke you guys got pretty close didn't you''

''He said he hasn't heard from him. Look Brooke you need to tell Michael just leave a text.''

''It's not something you say by text Chase... 'Oh by the way im leaving in two weeks' - I need to say it to his face. If he does know then surely he would at least talk to me about it right? we have two weeks to plan stuff and to spend time together and hes no where to be seen.''

''Maybe he's scared...'' Chase suggested

''What do you mean? Its Michael does he look like he gets scared Chase?'' I chuckled shaking my head.

''I mean you said his dad left him? Maybe he's scared he'll lose you too.'' 

I hate to admit it but what if he was right... my smile fell from my face and i lunged forward to grab my phone dialling a number quickly. I knew I wasn't going to find Michael on my own and I knew exactly where to find help.

''Hello Ava... Want to meet up today? Okay great see you in five.''

****

I spent most of the day at Avas house watching movies and talking about anything and everything to get my mind off Michael, although I checked my phone every other minute. I tried my best to enjoy myself and I slightly did but I wasn't exactly here for the laughs I wanted to know if Luke had told Ava anything.

''Brooke I seriously have no idea - I let Luke and the boys have their own space I don't push it.'' She says passing me the huge bowl of popcorn we had made - I take a piece putting it into my mouth and nod my head.

''- Look all I know is he's been working late. They all have.''

''I've tried the record shop and he's not there!! Even his aunt hasn't seen him he's missed his shifts. '' I

''Not the record shop- Look I don't know anymore than that I promise..'' she mumbles the first part s if she doesn't want to tell me the full truth but I do believe she doesn't know anymore.

''I just want to talk to him Ava. I want to know he is safe.'' I say and before I know it tears stream down my face. I hide my head in my hands and I'm comforted by a hug from Ava.