Joey Bosa

for kad85004

"Honey, why are you so worried? I already told you they are going to love you."

"Joey, I know how important your mother is to you. What if she doesn't like me? I am not going to make you choose between me and your mom."

He took my hand, "Baby. I know she will love you because I do. You are the love of my life, okay?"

"Okay. I trust you, I just want to make your family happy as well."

"Then let's go." He ushered me out the door and locked up.

The drive to his mom's house was silent, but not awkward thankfully. We passed through downtown and it calmed my nerves seeing the roots of the city. We eventually turned down a street and I knew this was it, the moment of truth.

As we stepped out of the car, I could hear a sweet voice ring in the air.

"Honey! Joey is here!" I assume she was calling out to her husband. Immediately any trace of calmness left my body.

"Kimmy, I told you everything will be fine." He told me as he wrapped his arm around me and headed towards the front door. 

We walked in to see a homemade meal waiting on the table, with Joey's dad, brother, and mom getting up to say hello.

"Hi, I'm Kim. Nice to meet y'all." I said shyly

"Hi sweet pea, I'm Cheryl. Joey has told us all about you." She says while pulling me into a hug.

"I'm John, Joey's dad. Nice to meet you hon." He says without leaving his seat, but with a warm smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Nick. Nice to finally meet the girl my brother won't shut up about." He says while chuckling to himself. He earned himself a glare from Joey. 

"This looks amazing, Mrs. Bosa." I say referring to the spread on the table that consists of sesame chicken, white rice, and egg rolls.

"You can call me Cheryl, honey. Joey mentioned you liked Chinese food so I asked a friend of mine for her recipes."

"Thank you so much." I say as we all sit down to eat. It is silent for about 2 seconds before the whole table bursts out in questions about me. What did I do for a living, where was I from, how did I meet Joey. 

After dinner, I was helping clean up the delicious meal in spite of the protests from Cheryl. She was the sweetest woman alive.

"Sweet pea, can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Do you love my son? Like really love him?"

"Yes, I do. We haven't said it to each other yet, but I can feel it in my heart."

"Good, I cannot tell you how happy I am that my son found someone like you. He hasn't had the best luck with women ever since entering the NFL. I'm sure you can understand why."

"Some people are just built that way, and I would never do that to Joey. I want to be with him for who he is as a person, not what he is."

"That is amazing to hear."

"Thank you for welcoming me with open arms. I was so nervous about tonight actually."

"It was my pleasure, honey."

"Kimmy! I hate to break up the party, but I have early practice tomorrow."

"It's okay, Joe. Your mom and I just had the best conversation." I said as he rounded the corner from the living room.

"Love you, mom. I will see you guys later." He says while giving his mom a hug.

"Goodbye, it was nice meeting you Kim. Hope to see you and Joey more." She beams as she walks us to the door.

She sends us with leftovers and an invitation to John's birthday in a month.

"See, I told you they would love you." I just smile as we get into the car.