Tom Brady

for @FROOTBADLANDS

"Mommy! Tommy took my Spiderman toy!" My son Sebastian cried.

"Tom, please apologize to your brother. Boys, we will be leaving in 10 minutes to go see daddy play, okay?"

They nodded, and went to clean their toys up. 10 minutes later, as planned, we left for my husband's game. My husband is none other than Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots. He is playing the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII today.

We arrive, and we get to the designated family area. I say hi to all the other wives and family that has previously arrived. As I get my sons situated, the game begins. The Patriots deferred to the Rams, and they were receiving the kickoff. 

As the Rams returner runs, one of our special teams players tackles him, successfully knocking the ball out of his hands. The same special teams player picks up the ball, and runs for a touchdown untouched. I cheer loudly for our team.

At half-time the score is 22-17 with the Rams leading. The score gets closer and closer, and it's down to the final play to attempt to gain the lead back with 7 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. The center hikes the ball to Tom, he looks for any receiver or tight end who is open. He spots Gronkowski in the very back of the left side of the endzone, and as the ball travels through the air for that split second, my heart stops.

"AND FOR THE WIN, BRADY COMPLETES THE PASS TO GRONKOWSKI! PATRIOTS WIN SUPER BOWL LIII!"

I cheer, and bring my boys slowly to the front of the section to see their dad as he proudly walks up the podium to accept the Heisman trophy along with his teammates. As he is handed the trophy, he leans into the microphone to speak.

"Today has been a phenomenal game, and I wanted to thank my teammates and my coaching staff for helping shape me into the player I am today. I do, however want to dedicate this win to someone very special to me. She has been there for me for 14 years, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. Aniya, my love, this game is for you and our sons!" he ends strongly, sending me into tears.