Ice Skating Rink

Hey guys!!! So I wanted to put another one-shot out before Christmas with Nondrian enjoying the holidays, but I didn't know what I wanted to do, so you can thank my sister for helping me come up with this and a few more ideas that may pop up later when I have time to write them. Anyways, enjoy!

 Staring out at the icy rink filled with people, Nova Artino gulped. She pulled on her skates on a bench and looked around for Adrian. She spotted him paying for his skates at the counter. Grabbing them, he glanced around and locked eyes with Nova. His face lit up and he sat down next to her, his endearing grin helped ease Nova for a bit but probably wouldn't last for too much longer. 

He quickly pulled on his skates and then looked Nova up and down who had started to grow anxious at the idea of skating. Adrian's hand closed around hers and her whole body which had been tense slowly relaxed at his touch. 

Nova and Adrian made all the way to a padded area right outside the rink before Nova tensed up again. She hadn't skated since she was three and that had ended in a hospital visit, which she neglected to tell Adrian. Looking Nova up and down, Adrian looked surprised at her anxious, slightly trembling figure. ¨Are you scared, Nova?¨Nova looked at him, then looked away, blushing furiously.  

Gently he pulled her face to his and kissed her gently on the cheek. ¨If you come with me, I won't let you fall, I promise.¨ He reassured her.  Nova knew he wouldn't,  even if he was the one to take to the hit.  

Embarrassed by his discovery but determined to push through, Nova took a deep breath and they slid on together. The ice was still terrifying but Adrian, a seasoned veteran of ice skating was determined to make her skate. The idea of letting go was simultaneously thrilling and petrifying.  Slowly, Nova let her fingers stray away from Adrian to try to make a few feet on her own. 

Her small strokes of petrified skating became more confident and reassured as she picked up the pace until she was at a speed similar to a confident child. Many adults still outraced her, but she didn't care. She was free. Adrian pulled alongside her and grabbed her hand. ¨Can I do something,¨ he asked. Nova hesitantly nodded. 

He took her hand and picked up the pace, his skates pulling Nova along faster. Then in the straightaway,  he whipped Nova forward so fast she thought her skates were flying over the ice. Everything blurred for a moment and Nova closed her eyes as the wind whipped her face. Then as fast as she started, she stopped. Into a wall of muscle. Adrian wrapped his arms around her and said,¨ Told you I wouldn't let you fall. 2 more feet and the sides of this rink would have greeted you with open arms.¨ Nova rolled her eyes and gave him a kiss on the lips. 

¨Ïf you did let me fall, you would owe me a payment of a thousand kisses and four times paying for the takeout, Romeo,¨ Nova whispered. 

Adrian smiled. ¨Good to know. For now, I saw this apple cider stand that I thought might be fun to try. Wanna split?¨

Nova nodded intently. ¨Sounds good. These skates are killing my feet.¨ 

The skates quickly came off and Nova slipped on her tall winter boots while waiting for Adrian to put on his shoes. Then Adrian and Nova left hurriedly, hoping to get a tall warm drink of cider before the stand closed. 

Adrian ordered a caramel apple cider with whipped cream and chocolate chips sprinkled on top while Nova ordered a simple classic cider. They sat down on a nearby park bench to drink and cuddle to stay warm. The snow was falling all around them and Nova smiled as she saw some snowflakes holding onto Adrian's winter hat. He drank his very sugary cider, smiling with some whipped cream on his nose. 

Nova gulped down the warm drink as fast as she could without burning her tongue off. 

Something brushed Nova's head and didn't move. When Nova looked up, Ruby and Oscar smiled unapologetically, while holding their mistletoe. At the same time, Adrian's head peered up. He rolled his eyes, almost about to laugh at the shenanigans of their very forward friends, which is the moment Nova took to smash her lips on his. As they enjoyed their kiss, Ruby and Oscar high-fived.   

Happy holidays everyone! Hope you enjoyed that little one-shot. Not much, but I thought it was cute, and to be fair, I wrote it in maybe a half-hour before I have to pack for a trip. What did you guys think? Cute or cringy? Another question for you guys: if I wrote crossover one-shots with other stories, would you want it to be a new story or be fine putting in this one? I want to write small little crossovers and if you guys want, I would make one with just little crossovers. Would you read that? Let me know. 

~1121bookloverforlife