Proposal (407 View Special)

Okay, so this was supposed to be another one shot but I felt bad that I didn't acknowledge the landmark of the 407 views so this is specifically dedicated to that high honor. Thanks to all those people. This story is now closer to 1K reads, like WHAT??????!! Thanks so much for reading some slightly chest cringe or a bit hard to read one shots. I am working on an (almost) 1K Special so yeah!!! To those who found my one shots when it was barely started out, private message me if you want some recognition. I will gladly give it. Or if you love this story too, comment please. I love seeing your wonderful input or when someone catches my references in a one shot. Your simple actions make my day so feel free to give me a confidence boost or a jolt of happiness. Anyways, enjoy!!!!

Rose petals and tea lights lit the way to the beach. Adrian saw Nova's shape and his heart had made a leap to his throat.

Each step she took closer to him, a frantic beat ensued. In a simple blouse and curve-hugging pants, she looked gorgeous. She wore tennis shoes and a smirk across her face. Her hair fell across her shoulders in thick dark waves. Adrian couldn't imagine anything more beautiful than that, not in a million years.

Adrian patted his pocket, heart pounding in his ears. The ring inside felt like a  thousand elephants weighing on his chest. As it was their third year as a couple, Nova shouldn't have had to expect anything other than the typical celebration, right? No way she would know. It would be sweet and romantic, right? He had moved slowly closer to Nova on the beach blanket. The sun was setting, painting the sky golden, red, and peach. He sighed. Now or never.

"Nova," he said. Nova had snuggled into his chest, almost asleep. Adrian slowly scooted away, letting her head slowly look up. Her eyes met his as he stood up. Adrian's practiced speech began tentatively, barely passing through his lips but he enjoyed the intimacy of the moment, the small beach devoid of any other humans.

"Nova, where would we begin telling our story? The Renegade trials, your bracelet, our first kinda date, all important landmarks in our relationship. We've hadn't the normal couple experience, that's for sure," Nova smiled wryly at the idea of being normal. "I was the Sentinel and you, Nightmare. I know that although we are not always an atypical couple, we make it work. Throughout our relationship, adventures have been had and secrets revealed. I know it's no secret that I love you and that you love me. Will you go on one last adventure with me, Nova Jean Artino?" He knelt in the sand, giving the ring a small flourish as he popped open the box.

A curved rose gold band provided the background for the small gems Adrian had chosen to represent them. Two birthstones surrounded by miniscule diamonds that had reminded him of stars.

Nova had a small tear running down her cheek, looking into Adrian's eyes like she had been waiting a thousand years for him. Then with a knowing smirk, she said," Took you long enough. I thought I might have to steal out it of your pocket. You thought I didn't notice, but man Adrian, you are so obvious. "

Adrian shook his head with relief. He stood up, sliding the ring onto her finger then said ,"Love you too, Nova. Love you too."