:: fifty-five ::

dream watched as george approached him from three different mirrors. "i wasn't."

"that's not what it looked like to me."

dream could see the smirk on george's face, rolling his eyes at how cocky george got at a miss read situation.

"i was looking at you."

he smirked back at how quickly george froze up, making no effort to travel towards the blonde after that.

"you were?"

"i was."

george's mouth moved like he was trying to say something, but no words came out. they watched each others eyes through the mirrors. dream noticed how george's face progressively got pinker, staring at the tips of his ears.

"i like how that shirt fits you." dream's eyes wandered to the hem of the t-shirt watching as it grazed the fabric of george's jeans.

george turned down to inspect the fabric. "but...it's big?" his eyes returned to dream's.

"reminds me of the white one." dream remembered the way the white shirt reached george's elbow, the way his collarbones seemed to clash with the fabric.

"should i wear it more often?"

"if you want."

"if you like it...i think i will."

"c'mon let's get out now, the music is giving me a headache." he reached out a hand, expecting it to be connected with george. watching as the brunette held a concerned face before walking forward right into a mirror. he bit back his laugh.

george rubbed his face not saying anything as he worked his way over to dream, connecting their hands, standing silently beside the blonde.

"does your head hurt?" dream looked down to watch as george's hands softly soothed the area. george frowned as he nodded. "let me see it."

george lowered his hands, his eyes watching dream's as the blonde leaned in closer to stare at his forehead. "your eyes are pretty."

dream smiled, pressed a kiss to george's forehead, straightened and then squeezed george's hand. "yeah?"

"yeah."

"you're pretty."

**

the sun began setting, leaving behind a dark sky as streaks of orange light lingered, waiting for the earth to turn and hide them away until the next day. they had a great deal of fun on rides, dream always making sure to scare off any girls that tried to snatch the seats beside george. george never seemed to notice, so dream didn't mind.

currently they browsed the different games, although george however seemed to be focused on the prizes instead.

"that one looks like you." george pointed to a large stuffed cat that wore a green sweatshirt and for whatever reason don a head full of blonde hair.

he let out a chuckle shaking his head at the cat. "that looks like patches."

"even better."

dream could see the stars in george's eyes as he stared at the prize of a bottleneck hoop throw. he knew the game was rigged but it was worth a shot. maybe this was his movie cliché where he'd win first try and flex to the beautiful boy beside him as he handed him the large cat.

he was wrong. he began running out of cash on hand as he tried the game over and over again. george laughed every time he missed, even slightly, seeming to be much too entertained by watching dream's hands as he slightly angled his wrist differently every time he flung the plastic hoops.

"step aside blondie."

the two turned to sapnap as he cracked his finger bones, then his neck bones, waiting for dream to hand him the rings. karl and quackity seemed just as confused as the other two.

sapnap squinted at the bottles, throwing the hoop in his hand with a completely different technique than dream had tried. they gathered around as they watched the hoop bounce around.

obviously sapnap wasn't going to get it first try, right?

let that be the second time dream was wrong today.

"dream you better watch out, he'll take your mom and your man." quackity laughed, holding onto karl's shoulder for support as sapnap pretended to dust his hands.

"what prize do you want georgie?"

george pointed to the cat. sapnap turned to stare at it,

"of course, that doesn't look familiar at all."

this seemed to do nothing but send karl and quackity over the edge, allowing a flush to settle on george's face, as he turned away from everyone's gaze. when george was handed the prize he pressed a kiss to sapnap's cheek, aware and all too proud, that dream was watching with his eyes tightly knit. sapnap stared back at the blonde with wide eyes.

dream scoffed, rolling his eyes and turning away from his friends.

"photo booth." karl and quackity seemed to notice the box at the same time heading towards the direction with sapnap following, no longer wanting to be around the jealous blonde.

"you can't always be my prince charming." george grabbed hold of dream's arm as they walked towards the photo booth together.

"doesn't mean i won't want to be."

"you'll always be my favorite person."

dream smiled, that was going to have to be good enough for him.

"what should we name him?" george stretched his arms out in front of him, holding the new stuffed cat.

he though for a second. "you could name it dream."

george pulled the cat into his chest turning to dream with a frown. "then what would i call you?"

a word bounced around in dream's mind, he bit his lip, attempting not to say it out loud.

he failed.

"you could always call me daddy." he shrugged, pushing his hands into his pockets, smiling when he felt george hit him several times with the stuffed cat.

"you're so dumb." george held the cat to his chest, averting his eyes since he knew dream was enjoying the sight of him flustered.

"c'mon, at least say it once?"

"you couldn't even win me a cat and now you want me to call you daddy?"

dream felt a smile form at the way the word sounded on his lips.

i think it's really interesting what you guys comment about. sometimes i'll expect you to really like a line and you'll brush past it, and sometimes the lines that i brush past are the ones you guys feel are the most interesting!