:: one hundred ten ::

quickly dream got out of having to help with dinner when his sister came to the conclusion that he was sabotaging the potatoes. what she hadn't realized was that his mind was elsewhere, still distracted by the words in the text he had gotten from the brunette. he was then given the simple responsibility of setting the table, something that he couldn't mess up even without the assistance of a present focus. when they finished helping ease the load off their mother's shoulders they sat around patiently waiting for food.

dream stretched an arm out in front of himself on the table to rest his head on. his mood improved with the thought of george brainstorming the words that he texted, eyebrows pulled together in a contemplative look. happily he repeatedly tapped the end of a fork on a plate. his sister glared at him, bumping her foot into his to subtly warn him to quit it. he set down the fork but it didn't dull his mood. he had been so lost in thought that he hadn't realized his sister stood from the table, nor the soft knock at the door that she had been attending to.

"hey, i believe this is for you."

dream turned to the door, only because he knew she was talking to him. he had no expectations but when his eyes landed on the person at the door he was out of his seat quicker than you could've told him who it was. he walked to the door running his hands through his hair suddenly very distressed about his appearance. he had just slept the entire day away and he had yet to look at himself in a mirror, there was a strong chance he didn't look very alive.

he noticed his sister had no intention to leave them to talk, so he stepped out of the house so they could be alone. his eyes scanned the brunette as if it was the very first time they were meeting.

"i hope i'm not interrupting anything" george avoided his eyes, his arms staying glued to his sides in a position that looked almost as uncomfortable as dream was sure it felt.

"never." it had been so long since they were together this all felt so new again. dream had to remind himself how to breathe when his eyes came to focus on the pink that had set on the brunette's cheeks.

george fidgeted with the fabric of his sleeves that fell into his palms. "did you get my text."

dream felt a smile flicker on his face. george knew dream had gotten his message, right now he had just been trying to fill the silence. the blonde scanned the fabric of the other's shirt, worried it was too thin to cancel out the wind of fall, so he did the only thing he knew he was good at. he pulled off his sweatshirt and handed it to the other, offering a shy smile when their eyes met again. he sensed george's hesitation so he spoke before him. "put it on, i'll be alright."

"sorry. i came here as soon as i got back, i didn't think it was going to be this cold out."

while george pulled the hoodie over his head dream tried to understand what that had meant, however he wasn't sure he even had the clues to put it together. words didn't come as easy as they did during his dream, as they stood in silence trying to make out what exactly it was that they wanted to say. dream stared down at his socks. a smile flickered on his face again, he was so eager to talk to george he hadn't even put shoes on before he left the house.

"i had a dream about you."

he smiled at the remembrance of the dream he had just woken up from, "me too." when he looked up from his feet he was almost knocked onto the ground from the sight of the brunette swimming in his sweatshirt. george shared a shy smile and dream had to stop thinking to force himself to take a breath. it was going to be hard trying to control himself after all this time apart.

speaking of controlling himself, they both were here and it was time to talk about it. he couldn't just walk himself out of this again, they had to have been put in this situation for a reason. hopefully after talking about it the last hurdle would be left in the past and it would finally be easy again.

he braced himself, taking a sigh and hiding his hands away in the pockets of his sweatpants. "george im sorry i kissed you. if i knew it would have led to us not talking for this long then i definitely would've left way before you even sat in my lap-"

"dream, please stop talking, you're hurting my feelings." george held his eyes shut, pulling on the drawstrings of the sweatshirt dream had just had on. the blonde paused, guilty turning his attention to listen to the brunette. before he had the chance to apologize, george began speaking again. "i know about the kiss."

dream stared back to the brunette when his eyes finally opened."wilbur told you?"

george shook his head. "i wasn't that drunk."

dream let out a sigh of relief, but he had a feeling that wasn't the end of the conversation. "can i hug you?"

george didn't answer, instead he engaged the embrace, waiting for dream's arms to rest around him. the blonde smiled and he squeezed the brunette feeling content just being here, he nestled his face in the brunette's neck.

george spoke words that muffled against the blonde's shirt yet still vibrated in his ribs. "you've been nothing but perfect, i left for me, but im glad I'm back and i want to talk with you about it."

the blonde smiled, squeezing the brunette once more before they both broke from the hug. however george didn't stop there, he also pressed a quick kiss to the exact spot on the blonde's jaw the george in his dream had.

my gpa dropped from 4.1 to 2.0 when we began online school ):