Chapter 16

Read the author's note at the end, please <33

Warning: Guys, this chapter is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Like, it's just a filler, but it's the worst chapter I have EVER written. I just expressed everything I was feeling into this and I didn't edit or anything. Sorry, but I will update soon, cause I just feel so bad. Please read the A/N at the end.

Chapter 16

-Ailee-

I fiddled with the loose threads at the ends of my jumper as I stared out the van window.

I observed the leafless trees and the frosted grass, sighing at the cold weather. It was typical England weather; nothing new, although it seemed like it may snow soon. I smiled at the thought as I continued to bore my eyes into anything and everything. Louis and I were on our way back to the orphanage to talk to Adelaide about a few things. A few good things, if I say so myself. We were going to fill out some papers for me to move out. I was 17 now, almost 18. I wasn't going to depend on the orphanage to take care of me, when so many other kids could be in my place.

"Anything interesting out there, love?" a voice asked, causing me to snap back into reality. I turned in my seat to face Louis, who was driving and smirking at me. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I shook my head.

"Naw, just thinking about things is all.." I quietly mumbled as I twiddled with my fingers. I had forgotten that Louis was in the car as well. Silly me. I shook my head at my stupidity, causing Louis to chuckle.

"So.. you and Harry, huh?" Louis asked, giving me a cocky smirk. I felt a smile come across my lips at the sound of Harry's name. I ducked my head, letting some hair cover my face. Chuckling again, Louis patted my leg. I jumped at the sudden touch, but didn't say anything.

"I can see your smile, love. No need to hide it." Louis softly said, giving me one last pat. "Soo, are you guys official, or what?" I coughed at his question and thought about it. Were we official? I mean, it could have just been a friendly, "Nice to see you again," kiss.. But then again, it was quite heated. I was straddling him, for Heaven's sake! Maybe I was overthinking this, I don't know, but the sudden question had launched millions to follow.

"I honestly don't know.." I said as I cleared my throat. "I mean, we did have some sort of a past, but that was when we were barely out of primary school. Still in, even! I don't really thin-"

He cut me off with a sharp cough. "Sorry love, but I'll have to interrupt. I have never, ever seen Haz cry over a girl before. Ever. Sometimes I would walk in on him crying over some photographs, but I would never make a fuss about it. I assumed he was just homesick. Now I get it though. He was looking at you. He's missed you, love."

I sighed, and smiled at the older boy. "You really think so?" I asked, cocking my head slightly. Louis nodded furiously before smiling mischievously at me. "Soo, what did you naughty love birds do last night?" he asked, winking a bit. I blushed again, internally scolding myself for the habit.

"We talked, that was all." I lied, hoping he wouldn't see through my lie. I thought wrong though.

"Oh, that's a load of bullshit. I saw how happy Harry was this morning. Don't try to tell me you guys just 'talked'," he said, using finger quotations around the word talked. He then pointed a finger at me. "Now tell the truth, love." Sighing in defeat, I started to describe what had happened.

~~

"Come on then, we're here now." Louis called out from outside the van as he exited. I chuckled to myself before stepping foot onto the front yard of the familiar estate. I breathed in the familiarity and grinned. I couldn't wait to see Adelaide again. It had been a few days, and I had missed her.