Chapter 17

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you to everyone who waited patiently for me to get back on track ! <3 I love you all.

Sorry guys! I know, 2 weeks, what the hell. My sister was bugging me to update, so I caved in and finally finished EVERYTHING for this chapter last night, on my phone. Edited it today morning, so yeah (: Sorry sorry sorry.

I WONT DO THIS EVER AGAIN . (MAKING YOU WAIT FREAKING AGES.)

I made this chapter over 3000 words, on purpose. To make up for my idiotic ways of writing.

ENJOY (:

*Dedicated to @MyraGalliot ! Her comment made me smile, helped me realize how right she was. ♥ Thank you.*

~~

Chapter 17

-Ailee-

“Are you sure you want to carry this out, dear? It takes a lot of responsibility, you know,” Adelaide softly said as she put a warm hand on mine.

I sighed loudly, carefully eyeing the paper in front of me. I had always wanted to move out on my own. Ever since my early teen years, I had planned and dreamed about moving out of the orphanage. I probably would have been willing to at age 15 if I had been legal. And when Harry and Louis had offered, I had agreed immediately. So why was I so hesitant now?

“You know love, you don’t have to make the decision right now. Don’t feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do. Haz won’t mind, and neither do I,” Louis said and gave me an assuring smile.  I sighed as I fingered the tips of the paper. I quickly darted my eyes to the clock. It read 1:23pm. Well if I wanted this, I should get it over with. Now.

“No, I want this. I’ve always wanted this.” I said, letting a determined mind set overtake me. I then skimmed through the pages, re-reading everything. I smiled up at Adelaide and Louis as I flipped to the last page. I picked up the ballpoint pen and took a breath.

Putting my hand on the paper, I guided the pen towards the bottom and quickly signed the multiple lines. I closed my eyes shut as I penned the last line with a flourish, smiling up at Adelaide when I was done. She returned the smile as she signed the forms as well. As soon as she was done, she pulled me up and gave me a hug. We stayed embraced for a while before pulling away. I was in tears, and so was she. She was like my mum; the one that was always there for me. I stole a glance at Louis to see him texting someone. Probably Harry. I coughed, bringing his attention back to us.

“We’re done, Louis! Thank you again for letting me stay with you guys!” I said as I hopped over to him and gave him a hug. He seemed a bit taken aback but returned the hug after a few moments.

“We’ll have your stuff sent over to you soon, dear. All your clothes are at Harry’s flat, I assume? You can go say goodbye to everyone, if you would like.” Adelaide said as she left the room. I skittered after her, hoping to say my goodbyes. Running up the stairs, I started my long chain of farewells.

~~

“Have fun, alright? I’ll miss you so freaking much, Ails. I can’t believe your leaving, oh my god.” Dani sobbed as we hugged. I let tears run down my face and pulled away. I pushed a strand of her hair out of her pretty face as we cried.

“We’re going to be fine, love. I’ll miss you, but who says we can’t keep in contact? We’ve got Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, email, Skype, the power of texting!” I said cheerfully, stopping my tears. I wiped some stray tears away as I smiled brightly at the brunette.