Chapter 21--Happy Holidays! Now Don't Ruin Them

Aspenn's POV

My eyes flutter open to be greeted with the sun hiding behind my white curtains but still shining brightly. I closed my eyes again and smiled as I stretched my arms over my head. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and unplugged it from my charger. I pressed the home button and checked the date.

Thursday, December 25th.

I smiled. It was Christmas. I threw the covers off and pushed myself off the bed. I skipped to my door and pulled it open, running across the hall to Laney's door. Instead of knocking like I usually would, I pushed the door open and ran right in. Laney's head shot straight up in surprise.

"It's Christmas!" I screamed while belly flopping onto the bed, landing on top of her. Laney groaned but didn't move. She couldn't, really. I rolled off of her and got on my knees, shaking her from over the covers.

"Get your fat ass up bitch, we have to wake up Mason!" I exclaimed. At this, Laney lifted her head, smiling deviously before flinging the covers off like I did. I jumped off the bed and motioned for Laney to follow me.

"Okay Spider man, calm the fuck down," Laney said, laughing. When we exited her room, we tiptoed the small distance to Mason's door, Laney giggling at my stupidness.

I turned to Laney and counted to three using my fingers before swinging the door open and practically leaping on top of Mason just like I did Laney. The only difference is Mason didn't groan.

He shrieked.

Like me or Laney when we get concert tickets or when Eden sees a spider.

We all went silent for a minute, processing what just happened. When we finally do, Laney and I collapse onto Mason, laughing like maniacs.

"Okay okay, I shrieked. So what? A lot of guys do that," said Mason defensively.

"Yeah, yeah they do Mason," I said, breathing hard. "When they're twelve!"

"Oh, okay. Out, out of my room. Now. Go. Shoo!" Mason prodded. He started pushing us off the bed, following behind us while we went in a single file line out the door. He closed the door behind us as we skipped downstairs in happiness. We stopped halfway when we heard Eden and Michael talking.

"C'mon, why can't we tell them now?" Michael pleaded.

"Because Michael, it's too early," Eden protested.

"So? Imagine their surprise, the anxiety of having to wait. You hate when people have a surprise for you but they won't tell you what it is," said Michael. That shut Eden up.

"Ugh, fine. We'll tell them when we're all together. I hate you, Michael Clifford," Eden told him.

"Girls only say 'I hate you' to the boys they love," Michael countered. I lowered my head a bit so I could see their faces.