Chapter 20--Does It Matter?

Hayden's POV

I looked through the Victoria's Secret bag before locking the door and pulled the blinds all the way down. I shimmied off my skinny jeans and stripped off my top, throwing it on my neatly made bed. I stripped off my old Victoria's Secret underwear and pulled out a new pair from the bag. I watched myself in the full-length mirror as I slid on the flowery silk and lace-lined thong, followed by a matching push-up bra. I already had a decent-sized chest so the bra just made them look better.

I turned up the Kesha song playing and sat on the edge of the bed, trying for a seductive pose. I moved around easily. Thanks to my bony figure and five years of gymnastics. I stood up and bent down in front of the mirror, flipping my hair back. I watched as my chest jiggled in the bra and my hair slide over my shoulders and back.

I did this for another five minutes before the doorknob jiggled. I paused the music and started pulling up my jeans.

"What?" I screamed to the door.

"Dinner time, quit having your underwear fashion show every damn day!" Donny screamed from the other side of the door. I picked up one of my white low-top converse and chucked it at the door. I heard my mother scream something but I couldn't hear what. Not having time to take off the skimpy underwear, I slid on my top and made sure I looked decent for my family.

I ran my hand through my now neon blue and purple ombre hair that landed halfway down my back. When I looked good, I unlocked the door and made my way down the hallway of my small apartment. When I rounded the corner, I saw Donny sitting at our small dining table, texting and smiling at his iphone. My mom, still wearing her diner work uniform, was piling spoonfulls of spaghetti and marinarria sauce onto plates and setting them next to the stove on the counter.

"Donny, put that damn phone down and come help me with these plates," my mom said annoyed, "who're you even texting anyway?"

"No one dear mother," Donny said rolling his eyes but putting the phone away to help our mother.

"He's texting his new girlfriend," I explained, hoisting myself onto one of the high chairs.

"Hey shut up!" Donny glared at me while putting a plate of spaghetti in front of me. I smiled sweetly as Donny and my mom sat on either side of me to eat.

"Who's his new girlfriend?" My mom asked curiously.

"He won't tell anyone but he's always texting her and coming in late. He came out of school one time wearing a pequilar shade of red lipstick and let me tell you brother dearest," I paused, placing a hand on his shoulder, "it's not a good look for you." Donny shrugged my shoulder off and glared at me again.

"If you don't tell me who it is, you are never leaving this apartment again, do you understand?" My mother said seriously. I laughed and looked at Donny.

"I'll...I'll tell you. Just...Hayden can't be here," he muttered, not looking up from his plate.

"Why? Wait, who is it?" I asked jokingly. I didn't really care who he dated or whatever he did in his life. Four more months till I turn sixteen and I'm out of here.

"It's..." Donny muttured and I heard a name but it wasn't clear. It sounded like...

"Who are you dating?" I asked, completely serious now. If I had heard correctly...

"....Ch....ol....e...." He muttered quietly.

"Chloe!?!?!" I screamed. I heard a slam and looked at my mom who's palm was face down on the table.

"Yeah, I'm dating Chloe. It's no big deal," Donny shrugged, taking his empty plate to the sink. I slid off my chair and grabbed Donny's shirt from the back before he could exit the room, pulling him to the floor with surprising strength.