Chapter One-Good To Be Home

Aspenn Clifford's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jiggled in the back seat and craned my neck to see farther out the window. I bubbled with excitement to see my family again. I had just spent my freshman year of high school at a fancy art school half way across the world, which involved NEVER seeing my family in person. I practically fainted when I saw my mom and Micheal waiting for me to enter the airport. I ran into their arms and we didn't stop hugging for a good ten minutes.

  We were now three houses away from reaching our own when I saw a group of people rush out of the last house. I squealed then groaned, as my mom slammed the brakes so hard I hit my head on the window. The pain lasted for a minute but then I was getting out of the car and speeding down the front deck.

  "ASPENN!!!!!!!" They all screamed my name at once. The first people I saw were my twin sister, and the rest of my best friends, all four to be exact. We managed to catch each other in our arms without tumbling down or tripping. None of us could stop laughing or smiling when we broke apart.

  "I can't believe it's really you!!" said Aspen(Aussie), best friend number one and child of Ashton Irwin. She was Jess and Ashton's kid, and she was the second closest to me right after my sister. I scanned everyone carefully, taking in their appearances. Aspen's hair was now four inches shorter, right above her shoulders, and she had started wearing soft-toned make-up.

   Mayhaila(May),Luke's kid, now was at least two inches taller, as tall as the rest of us now, and had grown her hair out so her long curly blonde curls were past her shoulders. She had layered it so it fit nicely around her hazel eyes and heart-shaped face. She was still a petite figure with a big smile and dimples.

  Grace and Chloe, Calum's children, didn't look that different, as far as I remember. Grace was always a year younger then Chloe and all of us, but it was syrprising how much they looked alike now. Grace's hair was darker but you could still tell it was brown unlike Chloe's who's was black. Their skin tones were closer now and they were almost the same height.

  The one who had changed the most was my twin sister, Laney(Lawlz Clifford). She wasn't much taller but she was tan now. Her now lilac crimped hair landed around her chin. She always wore dark eye make-up and nude lipstick, but it looked great on her. She now had multiple piercings. A lip ring, two studs above her right eyebrow and at least three more rings and studs on her right ear. Besides the obvious, she looked the same to me. She looked at me again and squealed, squeezing me in a hug. Now my sister NEVER hugs so I knew she really missed me. We shook back and forth a few times before I heard deep voices coming down the walk. I turned my head and behind me was the boys coming toward us. The first one I saw was my brother, Mason. He was DEFINITELY taller now. He had snake bites under his bottom lip. He cut his hair, now it was bleached and layered, with black and green tips, lio. He used to use hair gel to sweep his hair to the right but now it stayed like that without hair gel. He smiled ear to ear when he saw me as he spread his big arm, which I ran into, letting him twirl me around. Everone had changed so much over the past year and all that happened to me was the fact that my hair grew and I might've just maybe sorta kinda got arrested. It was good to see my family again.

  He set me down and I breathed hard as I was swept up by the other boys. The only one who barely hugs me is Buzz, May's brother. He hugs me for s second then snaked behind the other boys laughing. I want to pull him out and give him a big hug but by then, everyone is surrounding me, everyone talking at once. After a few minutes, everyone else's parents came out to join us and once again, I was surronded by hugs. Once again, everyone had changed but the most difference was in Lessite, Luke's wife and May's mom. She was about five months pregnant and it was definitely showing. She looked iritated and uncomfortable but smiled for us. Ashton's wife, Jess and Ashton put up a banner that said "Welcome Home Aspenn" and Calum and his wife, Keyleigh, were holding a small box, which held a candy neckalce in it. I always appreciated gifts that people knew you liked, without having to spend mcuh money, even though all of us combined could make us millionares. Everyone was still talking when Mason and Luca, May's big brother go and help Eden and Mikey with my bags. That might take a while...