chapter 5: did she seriously not remember me?

Jaosn's POV

i walked out of the coffee shop and sat next to David

"so who was the girl?"

"Rori, she is one of Laura's and mine friend"

"she is cute"

"you dont say" David giving me a funny grin "you still coming over to mine for the UFC fight?"

"yeah, you need me to bring anything? beer? vodka?"

"you would offer to bring alcohol, beer would be great"

"you think the women will want something else to drink?"

"nah Laura and Rori drink beer plus we got other stuff at the house"

"so Rori is coming too?"

"yeah she always does"

"so you two have been friends for a while then?"

"yeah four years or so, she is a nice girl, so you better be kind to her or ill kick your ass!" he said to me with a serious face

"wow calm down man! i dont even know the girl to know if i like her, i saw her for 2 seconds at the  coffee shop. i mean she is cute and all but she might bee too dull or too boring for me, you know?"

"i guess so but im pretty sure you wil like her"

"maybe. whats she doing at school on a saturday morning anyways"

"work. she is trying to grade all the papers today so she can have the rest of the weekend off"

"she is a professor? wow she just looks really young then?"

"no she is realy young, 22 to be exact"

"how did she get this job so young?is her dad in the board or something?"

"no, she doesn't have a father, believe me she isnt some spoiled kid, she is just unbelievable smart, graduated early from high school and just got her masters last year"

"thats awsome! so she is from here then?"

"nah, her mother lives somewhere her in Texas, but i dont really know where she is from, she doesnt talk much about her family other than her brother and sister"

"oh" its all i could say, it seems pretty sad that such smart pretty gitl didnt talk about her family

****

after our talk and breakfast David and i got work, did our runs arround campus amd as usual our saturday was pretty calm, students started to move around campus about the time we were finishing our shift. we were driving out of the University and there she was, Rori.

"she runs home" david said looking at me

"ah?"

"Rori, she runs home, i saw you watching her" david explained

"oh, yeah. she just didnt strike me as the running kind or exercise type, i mean she is skinny and beautiful but so quite she seems too  shy for the gym" i said tryng not to sound like an ass, david was obviously very protective of her

"you'll be surprised"

"hmm" what the heck does that mean? it  hought to myself

when i got home i had plenty of time before the fight, i was going to weat the same clothes i was wearing and i was taking the beer case from my fridge so i was ready to go, i was sitting on the couch looking at the tv but not really watching it, my mind kept wondering to Red and Rori. they were both so intriguing but so different i mean Red is feisty and daring she obviously likes danger, speed and risks. and after the way she pinned me to the car i know she is into martial arts and even though i dont really know what she looks like i know she is hot.