chapter 4: he is a freaking cop!

Rory's POV

    I got home a quarter past midnight, i had gone for  a ride after the races to try to calm down, but i was still pissed about what Phantom said.

"cocky bastard!" i cursed out loud

i couldn't go to sleep like this so i got a cup of coffee and proceeded to make a sketch of his tattoo. i was determined to find out who he was and so far the only thing i knew about him was his phoenix tribal tattoo on his right wrist, i needed to call my friend Gerald in the morning and find out if he knew or could find out who did his tattoo. by the time i lay down it was 2am and i just passed out.

****

why am i up at 6am on a Saturday morning? "stupid internal clock!!" i yelled at myself. might as well get up and go do some work at my office, and i could get coffee at the university shop, they have the best coffee in town.

****

"what can i get you ma'am?"

"caramel latte, skim milk, and two raisin scones, please" 

"excuse me ma'am?" that voice, holly crap! Phantom, no way he found me. panic was setting in fast

"yes?"i said turning around

"you left your book on the counter? he said handing me the book, so this is him? good heavens he doesn't recognize me "act cool Rori" i thought to myself

"thanks"i said walking away. what the heck! he is a cop? was he really racing illegally or was he staking us all out? damn! i wanted to go to the northside track, no way im going now, not until i figure out if he is setting me up, maybe i need to sneak around the track first and find out what this guys really wants.

"Rori!"

"oh hey David!"

"whatcha doing here on a Saturday?"

"oh you know working, grading papers and what not"

"that sounds hellish"

" it is believe me, hahaha"

"well are you still coming over to watch the UFC fights at mine tonight? Laura told me she got you to make those awesome cookies for the fight" he said sounding like a kid in Christmas

"ill make sure they are warm just like you like them"

"you are the best!"

"yeah, yeah, ill see you tonight" i said giving him a hug before phantom came out, I'm pretty sure that's David's new partner.

i walked into an empty office, gladly to have no one to distract me , i needed to get work done as fast as possible so i could figure out what to do about this phantom guy, or should i say officer Aleksei. After four hours of paper grading and i was done with work and doing as much research as i could muster. turns out the police website gives you the officers full name and basic info, which allowed me to look him up in faceb and ohhh boy! let me tell you some people should really make their profiles private. surprisingly he was only 25 only 3 years older than me, and had a pretty wild life, he reminded me of my brother in a way. unfortunately none of this information would help me find out if it was police business or if he was racing illegally.

"maybe he still wild and needs a form of releas like me" i told myself, after all he was trying to hide.

"oh crap!" it was 3pm and i needed to run home, bake the cookies  and get ready to go to Laura's to watch the fights. i went to the restrooms by my office and changed into my running clothes and put my other clothes in my bag pack along with a bottle of water, put my earphones on and started my run. the 10 miles home felt amazing pushing my body to exhaustion always feels great for some reason. once i got home i took a shower and started on the cookies i had told Laura i would be there at 7pm, it was six in the afternoon and it took 20 minutes to get to theirs. i decided for casual comfy, jeans, my 3/4 sleeve favorite Texas A&M shirt and my purple converse a little eye line, mascara and my hair in  a ponytail with my bangs pinned back. right now i looked nothing like Red, there was no way he would recognize me if he was there. i had to be careful.

****

"yes!!! cookies!!!!" David yelled as soon as he open the door

"well nice to see you too David, good to know you love me as much as you love the cookies"

"right! you know i love you as much as the cookies" he said laughing

"hey Laura" i said while walking in

"hey love"

"where do you want me to set this at?" i said pointing at the cookies

"here next to me other wise they'll eat them before dinner and we wont get to eat any during the fight"

"no joke"

i started helping her putting some fries in the over since the boys were outside grilling  and she was making some kind of dip when i heard the patio door open and the guys came in.

"Rori, let me introduce you to my new partner, this is Jason, Jason this is Rori" David said

"hi" i said extending my hand out to him

"well nice to see you again" he said shaking my hand

"im sorry?" i said with my best acting, i swear i should get a freaking Oscar. i even changed the tone of voice making me sound girlie unlike Red

"the coffee shop this morning? i handed you uyour book?"

"oh! right! sorry i was in a hurry this morning, i wasn't paying attention"

"i could tell"

"so is the food ready? the commentary from the last fight is about to start, and im hungry" i said looking at David.

i could feel Jason's eyes on me.