Lonely Visit

9 years 4 months and 2 days 

snow is all she saw from miles around Priscilla has only seen snow all of her life the world has been winter on the day she was born shes never seen green except in paintings of old springs and summers. no one ever new why the winter was so long.

Priscilla is a bit odd girl she lives in a very small cabin. Her grand mother died last year. Priscilla did not know what to do.she walk for 4 days to the wood cutters home and told him and his little family what happened. the wood cutter cremated grandmother and put her in a vase with painted green leaves on it and waxed sealed the top with a wooden lid. That night Priscilla dreamed of her Father mother her little brother and her grandparents. telling her they are okay and that she need to keep on living don't ever give up hope. 

Priscilla lives alone in the cabin making candles to sell in market every month in order to get what she needs to survive her grandmother taught her everything she need to know to keep living.  one day a knock at the door. it startled her cause she never has visitors but she new what to do. when she opened the door. she was surprised to see Father mcgill. standing there but also a sleek women with a stern face. "hello miss. Moon sorry to have bothered you but i have come with new's" the women beside him coughs "oh yes this is Ms.Hadley she is the new school teacher " Priscilla nodded her head " hello miss and please do come in make yourselves at home wile i put the kettle on tea or coffee"?

as Father grunted coffee Ms Hadley refused both as they took seats on old worn out chairs that grand Father made before he died. "what bring you all the way out here Father?" Priscilla ask while trying to make the water boil faster. the women in sleek black high fashed dress made her very uncomfortable. Priscilla fought herself not to act like a child and shy away like she wanted to but something deeper inside told her not to do so be yourself grandmother said to her.

chapter

Ms Hadley speaks "Lets get straight to the point child you are an orphan and haven't been to school once this year. I have put it upon myself to convince Father to bring me here to take you back to town and find you a proper family that will educate you" Father inter ups "now Anne please the child is doing well here she leading a humble life here" "she is miles around from people and buy the looks of her she is turning wild she need people"

"I have not missed a day of church and i can read the good book and do simple math that's all i need to survive." and with that Priscilla handed Father his coffee and she winked at him letting him know that she added some of grandmothers supply of winter berry whisky. witch he always liked cause he could still taste the berries and putting it in the coffee remind him of the old country back in his home land.

"this is true child but you need to be around other children to play with and wouldn't you like to live in a nice house and people to love you and take care of you and educate you"?

Priscilla was silent for a moment thinking hard "I know i am lonely and i know my family loved me that will never be replaced bye a new family. my grandmother taught me on how to survive i don't need school to teach me how to make candles and sell them in trade for the supplies i need. i am quite content with my life." then the women had a small smile on her face "I am afraid that you coming buy your own free will would have been easier. But i guse  that i have to tell you that you girl have no choice. you have to come with use the law says that no child under the age of 16 cannot live on there own they must have a guardian" Father finished his coffee Priscilla looked at him with watery eyes "But i lived here all my life you cant just move me out of the home i was born in and lived in all of my life" he just looked away from Priscilla he couldn't face her "pack what you need i'll be waiting for bye the buggy" he said getting up and walking out side.