15

You took a long sigh. It had started to rain, and you could feel every single drop of water in the vicinity. The front door was pushed open and someone walked inside.

'This is insane,' you thought. 'It's insane that Sangwoo was right.'

Light footsteps and the screeching from the hot tea kettle echoed through the room.

"Mmmm!" Yoonbum struggled on the chair he was tied to.

"What?" The intruder said. He pulled the tape from Yoonbum's mouth. He gasped and sobbed.

"Calm down, it's okay!" He exclaimed. "I'll get you out of here."

"I'm so sorry!" Yoonbum exclaimed.

Sangwoo hit Seungbae over his head with a bat.

Seungbae laid on the ground, blood leaking from his head, the smell of gas filled the house from the stove.

"You really like me, don't you?" Sangwoo said. "You're like a boy who can't stop bothering the girl he has a crush on. It's like that, right? But, a girl can take it for so long. How much longer are you gonna chase after her? It's sad she doesn't like you back." Sangwoo smiled and grabbed the kettle and paused.

"The chief stopped by the other day. I haven't heard from him since. How is he doing?" Sangwoo mocked.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Seungbae exclaimed.

Sangwoo laughed. "You knew, didn't you? That's right! I killed the Chief. It was very easy to get rid of him.. the weak old man he was. I wonder how it'll be with you?"

Sangwoo poured the boiling water on Seungbae.

He screamed in pain, and you just watched. You watched Yoonbum betray Sangwoo. For a brief moment. Seungbae had the upper hand.

"Stay out of it," Sangwoo said firmly. "I don't want you to end up hurt."

"But, Sangwoo-"

"I don't wanna hear it!" He exclaimed. "Fucking hide until I come and get you, okay!"

You shook your head and took another step towards the kitchen. The floorboards creaked under your foot, and everyone in the room froze. Seungbae looked at you.

"Miss? Are you okay?" He said. "Stay back. I'll get you out of here in a moment."

"_____!" Sangwoo exclaimed. "What did I tell you!"

Yoonbum cried on the floor.

"Shut up," you said.

"_____," Yoonbum sobbed. "I'm sorry. I should've never come here. I wish I hadn't driven you away. It's all my fault."

Your heart shattered. At that moment, it truly dawned on you how wrong this was. In the heat of the moment, desperate for escape, Seungbae pulled out a lighter.

"Get out of here!" He exclaimed.

Yoonbum ran, and you stalked closer to the kitchen. Neither of the men had moved another muscle. Sangwoo's eyes never left your form.

"If you light that, the house will go up in flames," you said in a confused tone. "Why would you want to do that?"

"I have to," Seungbae choked out. That's when he realized he couldn't move his body. "What's happening?"

You walked over to him and put your hand on his bicep. "You've made me see how fucked this situation truly is," you said. "Your sacrifice will allow me to get Sangwoo some help, so thank you."

"Sacrifice?" Seungbae said.

Then, you put your hand on his cheek. After a moment, he collapsed to the ground. Sangwoo collapsed to his knees.

"What just happened?" he said.

"He's dead," you muttered as you stared down at him.

"You saved me," Sangwoo said. "I love you so much."

"This isn't right, Sangwoo," you said.

"What are you talking about?" He said.

You shook your head and walked away.

"____?" Yoonbum said.

"I'm sorry," you muttered.

"Why? What happened? Where is Sangwoo?"

"I'm going to get you both some help, okay?"

Yoonbum wrapped his skinny arms around you and sobbed. "I'm so sorry," he whimpered. You sighed and rubbed his back. "It's okay, Bum. You're okay."

___________________

Sasuke glared at the detective that sat across from you. He shifted awkwardly in his seat. "So, Miss," he trailed off. "____."

"Miss ____," he said. "Can you tell me what happened at the home of Oh Sangwoo?"

"A man broke in," you said. "He was spouting delusional nonsense. Sangwoo started fighting him to protect me."

"Then, can you explain the burns we found on the corpse?"

"I was making tea," you said. "Sangwoo threw the kettle on him during the fight. He-" your voice cracked. "I was so afraid."

"That's enough questions," Sasuke said.

"But-"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at him. "C'mon, _____. We're gonna go visit this Sangwoo, then, I'm taking you home."

"Okay," you said.