Thirteen

It was him. He is what was holding you back form truly ruling the seas. Your stomach turned as you stood on the porch, just staring at the door.

The house was dark, not one light peeked through the windows, but you just knew he was in there. You knew they were in there. Your chest tightened at the thought of them together. You were angry, but that's obviously not why you were here. If it was something as simple as a heartbreak, you'd be able to easily get over that.

Something was drawing you here.

You took a long sigh before you flicked your wrist, the front door unlocked and slowly opened. You stepped inside the house and took off your shoes. That oh so familiar scent made your heart flutter.

'It smells just like him.'

........

Sangwoo stood in the basement, gripping at his hair. It was like he was reliving one of his worst days. He could see her, hear her voice, as if he was reliving everything all over again. Sangwoo fell to the floor and stared wide eyed at nothing, but he saw her.

"I hope you die the most painful death possible."

He saw her lifeless body fall to the ground. Then, he screamed.

Yoonbum got out of bed and walked down the stairs. "Sangwoo?"

Sangwoo was cutting his hair, and accidentally cut his hand as Yoonbum appeared in the basement. "Sangwoo?"

"You!" Sangwoo snapped before he pulled Bum down the stairs and grabbed his neck. "You tried to kill me!"

Yoonbum groaned in pain.

"Everything is because of you! You're the one who killed me! From the very start, all you ever did was lie!"

"L-Let go," Yoonbum choked out as he scratched at Sangwoo's arms.

"Why don't you beg for your life again?! You're filthy! A filthy scumbag!" He paused and looked down at him, then he let Yoonbum go. Yoonbum gagged and coughed, gasping for air.

Sangwoo collapsed to his knees. "It was me? It was because of me?"

There was a moment of silence between the two.

"Sangwoo? How do you feel now?"

Sangwoo just stared at the ground.

"You feel a little better now, right? Now that you've talked to me? What were you so distressed about earlier? I'll take care of it for you!" Yoonbum said. "What can I do to make you feel better? Do you want me to go away?"

"If I," Sangwoo paused. You slowly crept down the basement stairs, careful enough not to make a sound. Your heart practically shattered when you saw them. Sangwoo looked so broken, and Yoonbum looked so hurt.

"If I knew how much I'd suffer, then maybe we never should've met. If only I'd killed you when I killed that CEO's daughter, then I wouldn't be in so much pain."

Yoonbum leaned over and sobbed in his hands.

"Everything is your fault," Sangwoo said as he stared down at his crying form. "___'s gone, and it's all your fault. My happiness, it's all gone, and it's all because of you." Sangwoo slumped against the wall.

You walked down the stairs and kneeled next to Sangwoo. He was so out of it, he didn't even notice you at first.

You reached your hand out and stroked his hair. "I'm right here, Sangwoo. Why are you in so much pain?"

Sangwoo stared at you with wide eyes. "No, you're not real," He mumbled. "I'm just imagining you again!" He exclaimed as frantically tried to move away from you. Yoonbum looked up at you, and just stared.