14

"Care to tell me what happened while I was gone?" you said as you and Sangwoo cuddled in his bed.

"Nah," he said as he nuzzled his face against your boobs.

"That bad, huh?"

Sangwoo lifted his head and looked at you. "Yeah. Without you. everything that happened was meaningless."

You put your hand on his head and smiled.

"So," Sangwoo said. "What were you up to while you were away?"

"Training. I've gotten pretty good at using my powers," you said with a smile.

"Really?" Sangwoo said. "So, you're ruler of the seas now?"

"Not quite," you said. "It'll be a long time before everyone in every city recognizes me as a goddess, for now, I just want to be worthy of my city, then I'll slowly branch out as I get stronger."

Sangwoo smiled and pressed his lips against yours. "You're amazing."

________________________________________________________________________

You and Sangwoo laid on the couch together. He had his arms wrapped around you tightly as he watched a fight. You laid next to him with your head on his chest, thinking about the memories you saw.

Bum sat on his knees next to the couch, he was beaten up and sad. He felt like you had come back and ruined everything he and Sangwoo had, but for some reason, he wasn't entirely upset. It was sort of freeing.

After a while, you looked up at him. "Someone's here," You whispered to him. Sangwoo got up off of the couch and looked through the peephole. He stood there, staring for a while.

You looked at him.

"Sangwoo?"

Sangwoo stood up and dragged Bum into the kitchen. You sat there and watched. Once he was out of sight, you walked over to the door and stood on your tippy-toes to see out of the peephole.

"What are you doing?" Sangwoo said.

"I was trying to see who it was, but I'm too short."

Sangwoo chuckled before wrapping his arm around you. "I need you to help me with something."

"With what?"

Sangwoo didn't respond, yet; he just kissed you sweetly.

~~~~~~~

"Where is she?" Sasuke said as he walked into Kaname's shrine. Rin was right behind him.

"Yeah, Areum is gone again."

"She went to take care of something," Kaname said with a yawn.

"She left again?" Sasuke snapped.

"Where did she go?" Rin said.

"Dunno," Kaname said. "She'll be fine."

"What if she gets kidnapped again or worse?" Rin said.

Sasuke clenched his jaw.

"____ is fine," Kaname said. "She's awakened. She can handle herself."

Sasuke glared at him. "How am I supposed to keep her safe if she keeps leaving?"

"Sasuke," Rin said.

Sasuke pushed past him and walked away.

"What's his deal?" Kaname said.

Rin sighed. "I have no idea. He's been protective of ___ for as long as I can remember."

"And you're not?" Kaname said. "I thought you two were friends?"

"___'s my best friend," Rin said. "Of course I am, but not nearly as much as Sasuke is."

Sasuke laid on his couch and sighed. He looked over at his sword and picked it up.

You were around 12 , and Sasuke was no older than 14 at the time.

"Let me go!" you exclaimed as you struggled in the man's arms.

"The lost daughter of the sea god, huh?" The man said as he gripped your hair. You winced. "Let me go, you filthy scum!"

"I'd be able to make a lot of money off the daughter of the sea god, ya know. You got any powers?"

"Let her go," Sasuke said. He was afraid, his voice quivered and his hands shook.

Another man scoffed. "You got a problem kid?"

"Let my friend go!"

The man walked over to Sasuke and kicked him to the ground. "Fuck off. The kid is ours."

"Get off me!" You exclaimed as you thrashed around. Your eyes widened as you saw Sasuke fall to the ground. "Sasuke! Leave him alone!"

"Shut it!"

"Sasuke!"

Sasuke burst into Kaname's shrine. "____! Someone took her!" He exclaimed. "T-They-"

"Slow down," Kaname said. "What happened."

Sasuke looked around frantically before he grabbed the sword off its stand and ran out of the shrine.

...............

"I fucking swear! Let me go!" You exclaimed as you kicked and screamed.

"Shut up!"

"I'll kill you!" You snapped.

"Do it then," he challenged.

You narrowed your eyes at him and struggled against the ropes around your wrists.

"Let her go!" Sasuke exclaimed.

"Sasuke!" You said. "Don't. You'll get hurt."

Sasuke pulled the sword out of its scabbard. In the blink of an eye, the two men were on the ground. Sasuke cut the ropes around your wrists, and you literally threw yourself into his arms.

"You saved me!"

Sasuke hugged you, then set you down.

"I'm so glad you were by my side earlier. If you weren't there, then-"

Sasuke put his hand on your cheek and looked down at you. "I'll always be by your side, no matter what. I'll use all the strength I have to make sure you're always safe."

"Sasuke," you muttered.

"I swear on my life. I'll protect you. Even after you learn to control your gift."

Sasuke pointed the sword at the ceiling, then pushed it back into the scabbard.