The academy - Part IV°

And indeed it was exactly like that

.Irene hadn't slept even for a moment, but the following day, early in the morning, she was already pretty perky and full of energy.
"I'm ready to go!" She exulted as she left her room and headed towards the stairs with a proud and stoic air, as if she had just won the most important title of all.
Too bad, however, that she ended up throwing one foot out of place and tumbled down to the living room.

Diego, who was passing by with a plum cake in his mouth, almost choked to see her roll down.
Mrs. Zicola put a hand to her forehead when, opening the door of the house, she saw the scene.

"Those are my children ..." She pointed to the woman in front of him.

Luka put a hand over his mouth in an attempt not to laugh, but the scene that stood out in front of him was nothing short of hilarious.
Irene had ended up practically upside down with her bags on, while Diego had turned red in the face and continued to cough in an attempt not to choke.

"Everything good?" the boy asked approaching Irene and helping her to get up.

"Let's say yes," she muttered, rubbing her aching back.

"Do you know each other?" asked Signora Zicola surprised, as she patted her son on the back to help him breathe.

"Yes," answered her daughter, and then watched Diego catch his breath with tears in his eyes.

"We spoke via email for a while on behalf of the principal," Luka explained warmly.
"And for this as soon as your daughter's participation was confirmed, I came here on the first available flight."

"Oh, what an admirable boy!
Irene don't let it escape! "
The woman said taking her from the shoulders and pushing her forward.

Irene put her hand on her forehead, more embarrassed than ever, while Diego behind them laughed out loud, fully understanding his sister's desire to sink.
He too had touched that phrase when he brought a friend into the house.

"Well, Mom I think it's time for me to go!" she cut short, hugging her.

"Be careful and call as soon as you arrive, okay?" the woman advised herself, returning the hug.
"Sure don't worry, and then if I don't, Daddy is able to pick me up and take me home."

"Possible," the woman nodded, pulling away from her.

"Your father would have liked to say hello, but he had to run to Uncle Ernesto, apparently he has problems with his leg again."

"Ah, in fact I was starting to wonder where he was ..."She was a little sorry she couldn't say goodbye to her father, but this wasn't goodbye anyway, so it didn't really matter.
SHe would have heard him by phone or mail.
"Then say hello for me," said Irene before approaching Diego.
"You come back and I'll leave."

"Have fun flea" grabbed her brother putting a hand on her shoulder and ruffling her hair.

"Come on, stop!" she immediately moaned trying to get out of her iron grip.

"Oh no, no, I won't see you again for quite a while.Let me have fun, "he chuckled continuing to torment her.

Finally she managed to get out of Diego's clutches and, with an unnerved movement, put back her disheveled locks

."You will come back for the holidays right?" her mother asked as she escorted her and Luka to the door.

"I think I do," she shrugged, and then looked at the boy, actually no one had ever talked about holidays.

"Yes, all of us students go back to our families in the summer" the boy smiled and then checked the timetable.

"We have to go or we'll miss the plane."