The abandoned house - Part II°

As she thought this she heard a noise behind her that made her jump, making her turn abruptly.
She raised the torch light and pointed it at a girl, who looked away annoyed.

"Who the hell are you ?!" Irene asked in alarm.

"My name is Giada Sant'oro" spoke the stranger.

"I'm a friend of the boys," she pointed downstairs with her hand.

"I didn't mean to scare you, but I have a favor to ask you."
Irene dimmed the light and walked over to her.

"They didn't tell me anything about you," Irene said a little cautiously."I know, they probably forgot about it," the curly girl giggled.

"I understand ..." Irene looked at her before introducing herself.
"In any case, nice to meet you, my name is Irene Zicola."

The girl smiled a little, then motioned to follow her.

"I would have asked the others too, but you are the only one who can do it.""Wow really?
It must be super normal then, because I don't know how to use magic or whatever you know how to use, "she followed.
Jade giggled.
"Normality is relative"

"This is also true" Irene admitted, she didn't know why, but with this girl she was really at ease, as if she had known her for a long time and knew she could open up and confide without problems.
They made it to the attic where they climbed using a rusty metal ladder.

"Many believe that attics are small and claustrophobic, but I find them fascinating and protective" said Giada tying her golden hair with a blue elastic.

"Well everyone has their own tastes, honestly it doesn't change much for me, in short, I don't really appreciate the fact that you have to get down to walk, but I also find it a place almost heartening.
But I must admit that as a child I loved them, they were my favorite place to play hide and seek "agreed Irene, looking around her.

"Yes, me too" smiled Giada heading towards the piano.
SHe grabbed the sheet music that was on it and handed it to Irene, after which he went to some boxes and started looking for something.

"Have you been here by any chance?" she asked, shedding light on her to help her search.

"Yes, many times."

"And do you know what really happened?
There are a lot of rumors going around, but none of them are true in my opinion. "

Giada paused for a moment before grabbing an empty box and filling it with some books and objects.
"I wish you could keep these things."

"I?And why? "Irene asked confusedly.

"Because these are important things and they could be useful to you in the future," she said as she sat down on the piano stool.
"You must know that a wealthy family lived here long ago, it included a man, a woman and three beautiful children.
One day the man and his eighteen-year-old son were called to participate in the war, but they lost their lives.
The woman tormented by pain began to fail in her duties as a mother, began to treat her children badly and beat them in order to vent her frustrations.
One day he decided to take them to the woods, near the river and there he killed them. One after the other.
After that the woman took her own life and drowned herself in the river. "
Irene would have liked to say something, but at the moment it seemed somewhat indelicate, so she remained silent, contemplating the white moon through the round window of the attic.

"Having said that, I think it's time to get out of here, it's almost three in the morning and it's not good to be in these places at that time" Giada smiled grabbing her wrist and dragging her downstairs.
"Really and why?" she asked and then added jokingly

"Are you cold, sure you are not dead?"

Giada giggled too."Who knows."

"Irene, we have to go," Luka announced from the ground floor, thus interrupting the girl's response.

"I'm Here!" Irene answered increasing her pace and overtaking Giada.
she went down the wooden stairs and joined them with the box in her hand.

"Hey, you could also tell me that Giada was there too!
I had a heart attack when I saw her! "

"Who?" Damien asked not understanding.

"But how who?She! "SHe pointed, turning, but stopped when he saw no one.
"Giada?" She called.

"Irene there is no one here but us ..." Luka said."But she said she was your friend!"

"We don't know of any Giada," Naomi assured her.
The girl was stunned for a moment, then put the box on the ground and pulled out one of the photo albums.

sHe was stunned when opening it he found a photo of Giada with her parents and siblings.

"You will explain everything to us as soon as we get back to the farmhouse, we can't stay here," Luka said grabbing her arm and pulling her up.

Irene said nothing, put the album back in place and picked up the box full of stuff, then turned to look at the house.

"Thanks for the things," she whispered before leaving.Once back, Irene had explained everything and various conjectures had come out about it, but honestly, perhaps because of her tiredness, she didn't care.

"They were so small ..." she murmured looking at the album photos with a squeeze in her heart, after which she began looking at all the other things he had given her.

There were some very special books, many about demons, guardian spirits and mythological creatures.
Others, on the other hand, were written in a language made up of strange signs that obviously she did not know and finally there was, in addition to the scores, a diary completely handwritten and full of notes in runic, but even not knowing how to read the various descriptions Irene managed to recognize, among the various designs, some stones such as aragonite, smoky quartz and amethyst.
SHe began to leaf through the pages with curiosity, but sleep began to take over.
SHe closed the diary, hiding it under the pillow, and went to sleep.