runaway princess ; chapter 6

*:・゚✧ previously on ; runaway princess

  Changing was always a pain for her, because jt was the time she could loosen the bandages on her chest- but at the same time, she'd have to tighten them again after getting to relax for a bit. She took off the mage robe, before she saw a figure behind her through the mirror- stood rooted to the ground. "I wanted to ask you something—"

  "But it seems we have other things to talk about when you get out," his face was red, both blushing, and with sheer shock in his eyes.

  Athy knew from that moment.

  She screwed up.

Chapter 6: The flustered magician?

"You're a woman."

"I-It's not what it looks like, your grace," Athy wanted to die of embarrassment- of all people to find out, he did. Lucas the magician!

"I-It's exactly what it looks like."

  The biggest light bulb lit up above Athy's head. Wouldn't her being exposed get her kicked out of the castle? It was her perfect chance!

  "Ahem... You could report me to the chief mages," she tried not to look suspicious, looking away as if she were trying to hide something. "Yes! Do that."

  "Do you have a death wish?" The boy sighed, looking to her- his face, was still flushed in red.

  "Technically, a death wish does mean that you wish to die- I don't, so I-"

  "Really, the emperor's ruthless."

  I know.

  "As much as he's not bothered at all, this could be seen as trespassing and treason, you dummy." The more Athy looked at him, the more she'd felt a little skip in her heartbeat. Was this really the same boy? "You're not angry with me anymore?"

  "Aish, you little-"

  "You don't care about your life one bit, do you?" Lucas exclaimed. "No, not really."

  "My dad woke up one day and forgot me," she said. It was with a little disappointment in her voice. "He wanted me dead."

  "...oh," the silence fell a little. "I-I'm sorry."

  It was a little weird- an apology from this boy who seemed extremely obnoxious just moments ago. Athy stood up to her feet again, "so, what're we going to do?"