runaway princess ; chapter 3

*:・゚✧ previously on ; runaway princess

For some reason, her hands could slip right through the ropes as she tried taking the knife away from his hands. But he grabbed on hold to it. "You know, I'm reeeally good at this," he exclaimed, stabbing the knife into the table.

  "I know, I know," she said, trying to take the knife from him. "It's time to do my job!" He was completely drunk, standing up as he pointed the knife towards her.

  And from the outside, a shrill scream could be heard. "Gramps! W-What are you-"

Chapter 3: It's You Again!

The sun shone through the peeks of the curtain as Athy lay on the mat- blanket covering her lower body- and of course, blood stained. "Ow..."

"A-Ah, young lad..." The elderly man who was the 'mage creator' couldn't seem to remember anything at all- except thinking that he had his job done. "Y-You remember what happened last night, right?"

"Y-Yeah...You've got some knife skills, Gramps..." Athy groaned a little, trying to put her deception skills to use. "I have to check if I did it right." Athy's eyes popped wide open as she tried to groan in agony- even if she actually was in pain. She shifted uncomfortably as she meekly showed the blood stain on the blanket, asking to rest.

Little did the man know- she'd stabbed the knife by herself, into her thigh instead. "S-Sorry Gramps! I think I want to rest..."

  "A-Ah, yes. You should get some rest- you won't be able to eat or drink for a day, and you'll be brought to the palace tonight."

It felt like a pity- to not eat for a day? She used to not be able to live without chocolates or cakes for a single morning. "Mhm..." She pulled a puppy-eyed face as she found her way back to lie down.

"I have been wondering, though, why are you calling me Gramps?" The man asked. Athanasia felt as if her cover'd been blown a little, before she blurted out, "I-I'm an orphan, so no one's really treated me nicely before..."

"You don't mind, do you...?"

"I'll call you my grandson anytime," he smiled. Athy could feel her heart warming a little.

   "What a poor boy," the man whispered to himself. "Being sold to the palace is a cruel fate..."

  "Gramps?"

  "Yes, boy?"

  "Actually, could you," her voice was a little weak as she looked to him. "Tell me about the young magician?"

  The elderly man sat beside Athy as he flashed a gentle smile. "Hm...That boy," he reminisced. "He's been through a lot- that's why he really loves his people, even though he doesn't show it," he spoke. Athy couldn't help but feel a little relieved- that she would be in pretty good hands from there. But still, the situation was no good! "I was a mage of the former wizard of the tower," he told.