runaway princess ; chapter 2

*:・゚✧ previously on ; runaway princess

  "Do you need the money?" The words escaped her mouth insensibly as the boy looked up, expressions cleared of his face as he mumbled what seemed to be a "no".

  "Then," Athy took a step closer to the red eyed boy- a cheeky smile lingering on her face. "See ya," she took a swipe with her legs to his, making him lose his balance to fall right in the ditch. "You little rascal-" he exclaimed, but Athanasia was caught off guard.

  She felt something grab her ankle as she fell in with him.

Chapter 2: See Ya In A Ditch

The fall down was disgusting- looking around as she dusted her hanbok, all she could see was shit- including the obnoxious boy in front of her. Even so, she flinched, realising he was there too. The boy got up, expression showing how much he wanted to kill her as he raised a hand at 'Athy', before stopping right in the air and forcing a smile.

"Shall we both get back up?" He forced. "Carry me up, and I'll pull you out," he spoke. Athanasia gave a puzzled look. Her- carry that boy who looked almost 6'1 when she was just 5'3? A plan blinked a lightbulb in her head!

"How about you carry me up- and I'll pull you up?" She put her hands behind her back, devious intentions hidden. "How can I trust you?" He was skeptical. "I'm a man of my word," of course, she wasn't even a man.

"You don't even look like a man," he scoffed. Gosh, this boy was mean. "Do you want to get up, or not?"

After a long time of consideration, he finally replied. "Works too," the boy spoke as he squatted down, carrying her up. Her face felt hot- being carried by a boy she didn't even know, but it was no time for feelings like these. "Can you reach it?" Her hands stretched to the most she could, but to no avail. "Nope."

"Now?"

"Nope."

"I swear, once I get out of this place," the red eyed boy muttered to himself.

At the last boost up, she finally got touched the edge. "You'll what?" She felt a little intimidated- but what was there to fear? She was never going to see him again.

"You'll pull me up, right?" He flashed a smile while gritting his teeth. With her kind nature, she hesitated a little about running away, but she leaned in, the naughty grin playing around her face again. "I'm sorry, My Lord. But that'd be my own death, you said it yourself!"

Athanasia got up on her feet, dusting dirt off her hanbok and adjusting her gat, then skipping away in her dirt-smeared clothes. "Hey!" The boy, still stuck in the ditch shouted again- but no one was there anymore. The sun still shone brightly, though.