Emily's Suicide (Wattys2014)

The author is Explosivewafflez

I spun around to her, seething. "I am not a coward! You wanna know what's cowardly? Making someone feel so horrible that they want to die!"
She simply nodded in agreement, oblivious to my anger. "You're right, suicide isn't cowardly, but it is selfish."

Emily Tate Mathison died, and it was no accident. I committed suicide. No one was there to stop me. No one cared what happened. My sister hated me, my ex-best friend left me behind, and there's a red-headed devil that was the bane of my existence. To some people I may sound like another sob story, but everyone has their breaking point. I reached mine.

What has pushed you to believe taking your life is the answer? Are you really going to do it? What happens when death isn't as peaceful as you expected? What if a "Reaper" gives you something of an ultimatum? Witness first-hand what your death has brought to those around you, or remain wandering as a lost soul until you reach the point of insanity.

"You can take your life, but what about the people around you? Aren't you taking theirs too?"

I nearly laughed again, the idea was so ridiculous. But when I went to answer... I found I couldn't respond.

What does happen to them?

[The Fighter's Series - Book 1]
Highest Ranking: #7 Paranormal #19 Short Story