Chapter Thirty-One- Mysterious O'Conner Boys

I hate school. Have I ever mentioned that before? Cause I really do. School sucks and not just cause I have to wear a stupid dreadful uniform, everyone else that attends school are jerks. For an example: I was in a cross fire of a Senior Prank. What about exactly? Let's just say they're is still going to be red silly string in my hair for the next Christmases. Not only that but I felt like the biggest blond for forgetting my locker combo before lunch. Fourteen turns, banging my head on the locker twice, and a friendly help from Emily later, it was finally opened. Oh, and let's not all forget about the ridiculous long composition and research paper I have due this Friday that I haven't even started yet.

Worst Monday ever in history? I think so.

I finally left like I was having a moment of peace when I sat down at the picnic table outside for lunch. I thought, right? Guess I was so wrong because the moment I sat down I got hollered at. Looking around to find who called out my name that loudly, I narrowed my eyes at Nathan on the grass where he always is. He motioned me over with a finger indicating for me to come and sit with him. I stood my ground for a moment, staring at him I slowly opened my bag and took out my sandwich. I could tell he was getting aggravated when he rolled his eyes and got up.

"You want to do this the hard way?" he asked, rhetorically of course, as he approached me.

"I want to eat my sandwich in peace." I replied taking a bite. He rolled his eyes taking the sandwich from my hands then packing it in my bag. He then dragged me out off the picnic bench and to the soft green grass.

"Was that so hard?" he asked rhetorically again.

"Killer. You count how many steps from there to here? I could have tripped on a rock and died. That would have sucked and I would only have you to blame."

He glared at me, "Shut up and eat your sandwich." he ordered taking a bite of his own pepperoni pizza.

"If you're going to be in a shitty mood then why did you ask me to come here?" I asked unwrapping my sandwich again.

"I was in a good mood till you started being stubborn- and don't even retaliate on that one. You are stubborn. And for that I'm not going to ask you my big question for another day."

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked in a whiny manor. "You've been letting me hang on this mystery for almost a week!"

"Brook it's been three days." Nathan corrected in a flat monotoned voice.

"It feels like a week. Now spill or what ever the question is I'll refuse." I ordered taking another bit of my sandwich with a glare.

"Then I'll form the question so that you have to agree."

"I'll refuse the agreement."

"Then I'll-"

"I see you two are arguing as always. This must mean its a good day." Camelia mentioned as she joined us on the grass.

"We're not agruing-"

"We're discussing." Nathan interrupted filling in my blank.

"I was going to say disputing." I mumbled my correction.

"Same thing." Nathan chirped.

"No it-"

"When will the fighting ever stop." Emily commented with a chuckle sitting next to me on my left. Kol and Brandon sat across from me arguing which chip bag was theirs.