Chapter 9- Yes, Fruit

Having lunch with the boys was probably a bad idea for three reasons: One, the girls were automatically going to think I'm more involved with the boys then I already am. Two, I didn't want Brad to start feeling jealous and make a big deal about it. Three, something is bound to go wrong; I can feel it.

My list would go further on, but those were my top three. I sat on the warm green grass that the sun has been shining on all afternoon. Sitting down I got a full toothy smile from Nathan whom just happened to sit next to me. On my other side was Brandon who stared at Nathan smugly. Kol on the other hand went straight to eating his lunch.

"Take a picture O'Conner, it'll last longer." I retorted exactly like he told me before. I caught him looking over my semi bare legs that was cover by my knee length skirt and stockings.

"Nothing worth capturing." He teased, with a lopsided smirk.

“You staring say otherwise.” I countered, "And while we’re at it give your brother the twenty bucks you owe him to bring me here." I added as I took a bit of my sandwich.

"Oooooo!" Kol chanted dissing Nathan with a mouth full of food.

Both Brandon and I smirked as Nathan handed his brother the money. "That was practically cheating." Nathan commented with a madden look.

"Deal's a deal brother. You didn't make any rules." Brandon stated taking the money anyways. He shoved in somewhere in his blazer and went straight for his lunch, "Eww, mustard." Brandon complained looking into his sandwich, "Why can't we just have a normal PB&J sandwich."

My eyes went wide snapping my head to him, "Peanut butter is very bad for you." I quickly said biting into my sandwich.

"I'll switch with you, Bran." Kol said swapping with his brother.

"How is peanut butter bad for you?" Nathan asked with a sceptic look.

Thinking of a quick lie I remembered Maddi telling us one day what her doctor said to her on her last checkup. It's been my getaway excuse for two years now, "It's bad for your skin and makes you break out."

Chewing on my food I looked down not meeting their stupid looks they were giving me. Peanut butter is bad! For many reasons in disturbing and horrible ways. Peanut butter is my secret nightmare.

"That was the dumbest reason I’ve ever heard" Nathan commented shaking his head.  

“You’re rude, you know that?” I said rhetorically with a scowl in his direction.  

“So people tell me.” Nathan murmurs talking a bite of his pizza, “I’m so charming and a delightful person to be with. I don’t know why people keep with the accusations.” He said with a mouth full of greasy, pepperoni pizza.

“Yeah, you’re a million dollar date.” I say sarcastically finishing off my sandwich.  

“Well this isn’t really the peaceful lunch I was hoping for.” Kol sighs, taking massive bites of his sandwich and devouring the rest.

“When do we ever associate with peaceful?” Brandon questioned his twin with a puzzled look.

“I was kind of steering the conversation in a different direction so these two don’t bicker the entire lunch.” Kol hinted to his brother. Brandon raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips as a way of agreeing with him. Nathan threw pieces of his crust that he was picking from at Kol. Finally Kol noticed and glared at Nathan while flipping him the finger.