01

I step out of my office, heading down to the parking garage.. I check my watch, sighing. It's been a long night. I grab my phone, answering it as it rings.

"This is Jasmine," I say quietly, looking over my shoulder.

Who is that? Did I see someone or am I just going crazy?

My assistant starts briefing me for tomorrow, but I pause.

"Who's there?" I call, frowning, reaching into my purse.

Somebody about to get shot—

"Didn't mean to scare you, sorry." A deep voice comes from the corner. He's not dressed for business.

I narrow my eyes at he steps into the light, he's tall, his body covered in tattoos, and...piercings.

"I see, are you...lost?" I ask.

His lips tug up, as he looks down at himself. "I see why you think that. But no. I'm just on my way home. Sorry to startle you."

He starts walking away. What is he doing here? He doesn't work here, I know that.

"I'm sorry, did you just come out of this building?" I call out.

He paused, looking back at me. "I told you, I'm sorry for scaring you. I'll be on my way—"

"It's just I know who works here. I'm the last one out."

He turns around, smirking. "If you think I'm some sorta criminal, maybe you should just get in ya car and leave," he puts his hands in his pockets, pulling out a cigarette. "'Stead of grilling me about I'm where I'm s'posed to be."

He smiles, cocking his head. "Sound like a plan?"

I know this motherfucker isn't talking to me. He must've lost his goddamn mind.

"Maybe instead of loitering, where you don't belong, you should just go to where you're supposed to be." I shoot back. "Which I know for a fact is not here."

He eyes me up and down. "Yeah, sure thing, sweetheart. 'Cept I was doing that, and you flagged me down. What? Daddy own the building or something?" He laughs,.

I frown. "Well no ones stopping you, so go on about your business."

"Sure thing, babe, sure thing. You should really stop interrogating criminals though," he tosses his cigarette aside. "Daddy's money can't buy a bullet outta ya body y'know. You should be careful."

"So you admit you're a criminal,"

He says nothing, just laughing as he walks away. Fucking asshole. Whatever. I'll just have security keep an eye out.

I get into my car, starting the drive home.

My phone rings again, I answer it, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Jas!" My cousin shouts through my speakers. I wince, turning my volume down.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you free? Please tell me you're free?"

"I just got off work, what do you need?"

"So there's this fine ass nigga—"

I roll my eyes. Here we go. Here we go with the bullshit.

"And he invited me to a party, but he wants me to bring a friend, so that his friend can have some company."

"I just worked a 12 hour shift. I want to go home, and sleep not comfort some bum ass nigga's ugly ass friend. And we're cousins not friends bitch, so you called the wrong number."