Ch. 7 Strawberry Suits You

■3rd Person POV■

It's almost dinner time, the managers are preparing dinner by now. The boys are still practicing. Akaashi was practicing without resting, Bokuto should be happy with this but he didn't. From their encounter with Y/N during today's lunch, the Fukurodani member knew that Akashi is the person Y/N loved because she didn't remember him.

In the middle of their practice, Yukie came and told them dinners ready. When they're all going to the canteen, Yukie caught Akaashi and Bokuto's wrist. She brought them to empty hallways.

Yukie : Akaashi, I want you to listen to me.

Akaashi is standing in front of his two senpais. Bokuto was also here to listen.

Akaashi : did you know about her feelings all along with Shirofuku senpai?

Yukie nodded. She told Akaashi about the first time Kaori and she saw Y/N coughing flowers. They didn't know it at first, but after keeping an eye on her for a while, they found out that the coughing fit always happened whenever Y/N saw Akaashi with his girlfriend.

Y/N admitted that she loves Akaashi to Kaori and Yukie. She told Akaashi and Bokuto how both her and Kaori been telling Y/N to confess her feelings or telling Akaashi about her condition but she always refused.

Yukie : She didn't want to tell you about her condition because she doesn't want you to blame yourself. She didn't want to confess her feelings either because she thinks you're happy with your girlfriend.

Then Yukie told them about telling her to took surgery but she refused.

Bokuto : Akaashi, remember, Y/N doesn't want you to blame yourself.

Yukie : for Y/N her memories with you are so precious for her that's why she kept on refusing to take the surgery. Besides she didn't want you to get hurt if you guys met and you found out she doesn't remember you, like today.

The three of them were quiet for a while before Yukie asked them to go to the canteen. Akaashi told Yukie and Bokuto to go first, he said he wants to grab a cold drink and walks towards the vending machine.

Yukie and Bokuto watch as Akaashi walk away before finally decided to leave him alone. Yukie and Bokuto arrived at the canteen, Bokuto get in the line to grab some food while Yukie approaches the other managers

Kiyoko : it's kind of hot around here, having a cold drink would be nice.

Y/N : oh right, cold drinks sounds good right now.

Just then an Idea popped into Yukie's head. She offered to grab drinks from the vending machine, she took a note of what would they like then asked Y/N to help her.

The two of them walk on the empty hallway to the vending machine. It was dark in here, Y/N actually scared of the dark, but she never showed it to anyone. At least if she has someone next to her when it's dark she's fine. They're still on their midway when suddenly Yukie clutches her stomach.

Yukie : oh no, Y/N I think I must go to the bathroom, can you get the drinks alone?

Y/N : oh are you okay senpai? Ye.. yes leave it to me I'll go get it.

■Y/N POV■

I walk through the empty hallway, it's dark I'm kind of scared. I saw the vending machine and run there. Just when I'm about to reach the vending machine, something appears from the other side of the vending machine.

I abruptly make a u-turn but ended up losing my balance. I almost fall forward when an arm wrapped around my waist, preventing me from falling. I look back at the owner of this arm.

Y/N : ah, Akaashi san.

Akaashi : Are you alright? What are you doing here alone? Aren't you scared, it's dark here in the hallway.

I can feel Akaashi's body pressed to my back, my face feels hot we are too close. Akaashi let go of my waist, and I straighten my back. I was kind of startled when Akaashi asks about me being scared of walking alone in the dark hallway. Did he know that I was actually scared of the dark? I look up at him staring at his face. Nothing... I can't remember him at all.

Y/N : I uh want to grab cold drinks for the managers from the vending machine. And I kinda want one as well

Akaashi san stared at me for a moment, then went to the vending machine. He put the coin and press the button, then he took it.

Akaashi : here, give me your hand Y/N

Y/N: huh? ( I lift my hands)

Akaashi put a box of strawberry milk in my hands. I look at him confused.

Y/N: why did you give this strawberry milk to me?

Akaashi : I just want to treat you, you want cold drinks right. ( Akaashi smiling softly at me) and besides, strawberry suits you. Hurry up and grab what the other wants. I'll walk back with you, the hallway is dark after all.

I was flustered by his offer. I don't want to bother him, but I'm scared of these hallways. I look at him and he just motioned me to get the drinks and I did. Akaashi helps me to carry the beverages and walks right next to me.

I stole a glance at his face, he's looking straight ahead. I guess Akaashi is not much of a talker, and I'm too shy to start a conversation so we're walking in silence. But somehow, it's not an awkward silence. He's walking next to me, it's sort of comforting.

We've reached the canteen and walk towards the manager's table. He dropped the beverages on the table then leave, after that he went to get some food. I watch as he's placing foods on his plate. I avert my gaze to look at the strawberry milk in my hand, and I was in deep thought.

Yachi : uh, what's wrong Y/N? Why are you spacing out?

Y/N : huh? Oh! Nothing

"Strawberry suit you"

I look at Akaashi san again, His black hair and sharp eyes, his calm demeanor. Just then our eyes met, and he smiled warmly at me.

 Just then our eyes met, and he smiled warmly at me

Throb

Why only him that I can't remember?

He called me by my first name doesn't that mean we're supposed to be close to each other?

Did he perhaps know about me liking strawberry-flavored food or is it just a coincidence he bought one for me?

Did he know that I'm afraid of the dark?

Who are you?