Reconnecting {14}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Your feet shoot pain up your back with every step you take but you don't even feel it. The rage that is pulsing throughout your body masks the pain and turns it into urging passion— passion to get revenge for Mai and the others.

You're headed towards Aiko's village. The last place Mai was seen alive, so they'll know which way Zankoku went. Nothing can get in your-

"Shit."

You come to a halt just before you fall into the ravine that stands before you.

You lean over and look inside, not even being able to see the bottom. It's extremely deep. The whole crack being pitch black, not allowing even a sliver of moonlight inside.

The only sound that you hear is the ominous wind coming from the crack in the earth below you.

You grab a medium-sized rock and toss it into the gaping hole, waiting for the sound of it hitting below you. "One... two... three... four..." You count the seconds it takes to hit the ground. "...Twenty-eight... twenty-nine... thir-" It finally hits.

You stand back up and groan. "1,470 fucking meters. Great." You slightly start regretting your choice for the shortcut, but there's no turning back now. No more time can be wasted.

There are two options, going around or going through. You can't exactly go across the top because there are no bridges and it's 2 miles wide, far too big for you to jump across. But your first option isn't exactly liable either, the ravine is a good 10 miles long on both sides of you.

And so, you take a breath and climb over the edge, deciding your only way across is through. And the worst part about this is that you've already used too much of your chakra using your eyes nonstop as well as also shooting some to your legs, moving faster.

So, you dig your toes into the side of the cliff, creating small crevices so you can hold yourself steady while you grip onto rocks with your hands.

As you continue to climb down, it isn't long until you start getting into the groove of it. It becomes a lot easier. You keep kicking in the wall as you lower yourself down, giving yourself small shelves for your feet.