Part 10

Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious…” You slammed a hand down, making the song come to an early end. Everything reminded you of him. Harry. You fumbled with your phone, hastily dialing his digits for the fourth time since getting in the car. And that doesn’t even include the 27 times you called him as you ran from the school to your car. You didn’t know where you were going, but you couldn’t stay in that hell-hole called school any longer. Not under these circumstances. You knew you shouldn’t be driving with tears like these. But you took a left on Elm and a right on 5thAvenue anyways. You were going to Harry’s flat.

You stood outside his flat’s door reading the letter silently over and over again to yourself. The paper was ripped, and stained with tears as you tried process it. You pretended to be a detective, looking for hidden clues, secret messages. Anything to tell you where he had gone. You stared at the door, hoping and praying that he was on the other side. That somehow you would be able to catch him before he leaves for who knows where. You bent down, lifting up his welcome mat, and retrieving that same tiny, golden key he had used that very precious day. You stuck it in the door harshly, anticipating. You turned the knob to see your fate. He wasn’t there. Of course he wasn’t there. Why would he? An overwhelming wave of his familiar scent washed over you. You fell to the ground, weak at the knees. Unable to realize that he was really gone. You stayed like that for a few moments, wishing that his strong, firm arms would come and hold you. He told you that he would never let anything hurt you, and then he would always make you happy. Well fuck. You weren’t happy right now. Far from it. You were heartbroken. You gained the needed strength to pick yourself up and walk into his bedroom. You looked at his bed. Where you would lie endlessly with him, just talking about everything. That’s where you two even did it…you brushed the thought away. You couldn’t think about that. You couldn’t. You looked on the stand, to see your glass of water still perched, standing tall untouched since you had never gotten around to drinking it that night. You looked to the other side of the bedside table to see the clock, that you would check at night to see if it was 10:06 yet. You looked to the bathroom, where he let you wash up that first day. You walked back out to his living room, where you looked at each one of his framed works. Touching each one with a quivering fingertip. You trailed down to the picture of him and his ex-girlfriend. Remembering how you over-reacted over it, but he assured you that they were over. Like you two were now. You didn’t want to be just an ex-girlfriend of his. You wanted to be the one. You looked back to the kitchen where you would keep your backpack everyday, and walked over to it. It was then that you noticed something on the kitchen table. It was another white envelope. The same one that Mrs. Burnett had given you. Your name was scrawled on it exactly as before, but this one was a bit thicker. You grabbed for it, ripping it off with your fingers to reveal two things. A passport. And a one-way ticket to Florida.

*Harry’s POV*

            She’s gonna be here any minute, I thought tapping my foot. My eyes watched the flight board as the words constantly flickered on and off. My eyes stayed glued to that one row. It was her flight. Or the flight that she was supposed to be coming on. I was going out on a limb with this one, leaving a plane ticket in my flat. What if she never found it? What if someone found it first? I shook the thoughts of my head. I know Y/N’s smart. She would probably go back to my flat first thing, to see if I was there, right? Or maybe what if she just gave up? What if she agreed with my letter and thought it was best to do what I did? I didn’t have much of a choice. Mrs. Burnett had threated to get me arrested, if I didn’t leave the country immediately. She made it very clear that I had to go far far away, and fast. I hadn’t been allowed to go anywhere but my flat. My eyes watched suddenly as the flight status turned to: LANDED. I sprung up from my seat, rubbing my bum. I had gotten here 3 hours early, to make 100% sure I didn’t miss her. I ran through the airport, searching for Gate 89. People were already starting to come out of the gate. Damnit. What if I missed her?! I stood, tip-toeing over tall heads and hats looking for one thing. Y/N. I miss her so much. It’s only been 5 days, but I’ve never felt so distant. The trail of people slowly starting to water out, as only a few people would come out at a time now. And then the unexpected happened. The inevitable in our book of fate happened. The last person to emerge from the gate, holding only a pink suitcase was the girl I’ve been waiting for. The girl I’ve been waiting to see. Y/N. I ran over to her, not caring about how crazy I looked. Her suitcase dropped to the ground as she noticed me. I wrapped my arms around her, as I felt her do the same. I hugged her so tightly, she probably couldn’t even breath.

“Harry!” she yelled watery eyed pulling away.

“Y/N,” I whispered kissing her lips. Her moist, pink lips that haven’t been kissed for days. She kissed back with just as much passion, obviously happy to see me. I pulled away slowly after minutes on end, staring into her eyes. Her eyes were these mystical things. They were so full of life, hope, passion. They were a light sea blue, that had sparkles of green where the sun hits them. They would make me melt every time they looked at me, every time they met mine…These were the very eyes, that I fell in love with the very first time I met her.