-chapter 8: The banishing-

-The Banishing-

-The Banishing-

After Robyn had been treated by the medjacks for her 'life threatening injury', as Newt described it, she made her way over to the hammocks. Sat together were Alby, Thomas and her good old friend Chuck. She slid behind them, plopping down next to the young boy.

"Hey, how's your head?" he whispered

"It's fine, i'm fine. You alright?" she glanced over to him

"I am now that I know you're okay" he smiled

She pulled him closer to her, wrapping one of her arms around his shoulder, the other messing up his hair. Eventually, she let him go as he tried to squirm out of her hold.

She laughed before turning her attention the the other boys. Silence quickly fell over the group, the atmosphere turning tense.

Robyn and Chuck shared a look as Thomas asked,

"So what happened to him?" His arms rested on his knees, looking up at Alby as he spoke.

Chuck had pulled a blade out and began messing around with it, pretending he wasn't listening.

Robyn leaned in trying to hear the conversation better, not masking her nosiness.

"It's called the changing , It's what happens when someone gets stung!"

Chuck shot his head up , staring at Alby. His hands immediately stopped messing with the knife. Way to play it off Chuck!

Thomas' face was full of shock, his mouth open. He looked down at his hands ,quickly.

Alby shifted so they were now sat at the same level. There was no way to hide the tense atmosphere.

Alby began explaining the consequences of being stung, as his legs moved up and down.

"What did he say to you?"

Pause.

Robyn waited for Thomas to say something. Just as she was about to talk for him, he found his voice.

"He said he saw me"

Alby looked up at Robyn for confirmation. She did a small nod. He then returned his attention back to the boy.

"That i caused all of this........How did i cause this?"

Thomas generally seemed scared. He had barely been in the glade and had nearly died.

Alby lifted himself up, patting Thomas on the back as he told him to get some rest.

When Alby had gone, he turned to the girl.

"What's going to happen to him?" he questioned.

Robyn swallowed hard. She didn't want to tell him as she knew the trauma it caused for greenies like Thomas. I mean it wasn't nice seeing someone be stung and the affects it causes. But the worst was yet to come.