-chapter 26: Ava Paige-

The clicking of heels echoed through the room as the woman finally arrived. Her white blazer trailed behind her, causing a low breeze as she walked past her team, who were sat around a long glass table.

She sighed heavily as she perched herself onto the edge of her seat. Her hands held a tissue to her forehead, cleaning her 'wound'.

Once she was satisfied the 'blood' was gone, she carefully pulled her blazer off, handing it to a short woman behind her. Her power was clearly shown to the rest of the room as it became completely silent due to her arrival.

"Well," she cleared her throat, patting her folders onto the table," I think it's clear to say the maze trials were a complete success,"

She looked down her nose at the people sat before her, ensuring they understood the importance of her words.

"I wasn't expecting so many survivors, but," she paused," the more the merrier,"

"Thomas continues to surprise and impress and for now ,they seem to have taken the bait,"

A man at the low end of the table raised his hand slowing, coughing slightly as he did, to gain attention.

"Yes Dr Drake?"

"Sorry to interrupt Dr Paige, but what about the other girl?"

"If you mean Robyn, she continues to live up to her father's expectations. I'm glad to have her on board, especially being so close to Thomas. He is the key. I believe she could also be an important person in these trials. Hopefully her father will be more proud of her than the other one,"

"What about the charts?"

"The charts," she licked her finger to help her flick through the small pile of folders at speed. At the bottom of the pile was were 'A 0' lay, "She's one of the best, i cant deny," The blonde woman placed her glasses on, examining the results thoroughly, "I can see she is lacking slightly at the fitness side, unlike the other girl. But that's the least of my concerns, it's finding a cure that i'm bothered about and Robyn is needed for that. The girl is essential,"

"That's good to hear Dr Paige!"

The rest of the people in the room nodded slightly, looking directly at the blonde woman at the head of the table.

"It's too soon to say, but this group could be the key to it all,"

The woman stood up, asserting dominance in the room.

"So lets move forward, it's now time to begin... Phase Two,"

———————-

Thank you all for reading, be sure to look out for the sequel. it's coming soon :)