Here for You~ Luke Patterson

⚠️TW//Panic attacks and anxiety⚠️

I threw my backpack onto the floor and sunk down, my head in my hands. Itd been a crazy long week, and I was stressed. Between band practice with the guys and my little sister Julie, and finals, it was wearing down on me. I sat, with my eyebrows furrowed, and thought about how everytime I was stressed my mom was there by my side. Helping me, talking to me, encouraging me to be the best person I can be. Now that she's gone, I usually talk to Julie. But she's just been so happy lately with the band, and her boyfriend Nick, that I didnt find it necessary to bother her. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didnt realize I was shaking.

"Oh no." I whispered to myself. "No, no, no." I said louder each time, tears streaming down my face. I began to shake more aggressively, and fought myself to breathe. I choked, and wheezes started escaping my mouth.

"Somone..help...Julie..." I whispered, trying to stand up only to fall back down due to the shaking. I reached up and touched my forehead, realizing how much I was sweating. I'd suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for years, and one thing I'd learned is that they were always unexpected. Sometimes caused by the most random of things. But I'd noticed that recently, whenever I started thinking about my mom, they came on a lot. I sobbed as my chest sent sharp pains through my body, and I gasped for air. I remember thinking I was dying, as my heart sped up so fast it hurt my chest. Suddenly I heard a familiar swooshing noise.

"Hey Y/N I was thinking—" Luke started. "Hey, hey you ok?" He instantly threw himself to the ground beside me. I tried to respond, but only got more gasping out.

"Ok, ok here's what we're going to do." He moved closer to me, knowing better than to try and touch me— a trigger that made it worse. "You're going to tell me all the reasons you like music, and like being in the band."

I looked at him, my eyes wide as I tried desperately to breathe.

"Y/N, tell me." He sternly ordered.

"I..I like it because..." I stuttered, and took a deep breath. "I like the way it makes me feel, and the way we can see the joy on people's faces when we preform." I paused, breathing in and out. "I like it because I get to preform with my sister, and because it makes our dad proud." I grew in confidence, almost fully ok again. "And I like it because I get to preform with you."

He smiled at me, and I took a huge breath. There were a few moments of silence, before I broke it.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Alex used to have them when we were younger." Luke shrugged. "His parents always said he was being dramatic, so I learned how to calm him down, since Reg and I were all he had."

I nodded, my heart breaking slightly.

"Thank you." I whispered. He smiled, and grabbed the ends of his hoodie sleeves, and dried the tears off my face. Without saying anything, he pulled me into his arms, rocking me back and forth. We sat there in silence for a while, and in that short amount of time, I decided I was in love with this boy, and that he's the best thing to ever happen to me. Even if he was a ghost.

A/N
This story idea was requested by: lietome1D
I hope this is what you meant🥺 vote and comment if you enjoyed!