15 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[Three Signs]

"I want to sing like birds sing. Not worrying who listens or what they think." - Rumi

...

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh yaa Qawm:)))) Hope you're all well.

Pray for me so that I'd finish another chapter by Monday. If so, you can continue the part 3 of this chapter then. If not you'll have to wait as the people are waiting at the end of this part:DDDDD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shameless! He's completely gone out of his mind!" Ali gritted his teeth and gnashing them, he cried out,"He's obviously not solving the inscriptions! He simply just wants to pull off a show like Isra and Reyaz, and shock the masses!"

At that height in their ascension, only the four of them could hear him. Prince Reyaz was a little too high up, and engrossed in his endeavour to even know what was going on down below.

Even though Abdul Bâqi heard Ali's on point speculation, he paid no attention to the accusation levied against him as he shot forth for the position on the Profound Steps path, where prince Reyaz was keeping a steady lead.

...

Meanwhile, at the base of the colossal pyramid, and among the scholars and students down below, were the princes Firdaws and Ihtisham. Some moments before, they had left the tower, and had made their way down and through the dense mass of students to the very forefront. Navigating through the crowd was quite easy. Their very aura, that shone of golden royalty and high pedigree was pronounced wherever they walked, and thus was easily recognized by every student they came across. These students made way for them, amidst fawning words and looks of respect. Their seldom presence among the common herd of the student populace only but increased the reverence with which their fellow mates looked at them. This was especially the case because, aside from being princes of direct bloodline descent, they were also ranked amongst the top four Mureeds!

"Well, look who we have here!" Prince Firdaws exclaimed, when he and Ihtisham had arrived in the forefront and saw a tall fair-faced boy, garbed in black, with his hands folded across his chest and a placid look on his face.

"You were the last person I'd expect to present himself here."

The boy returned them with a smile which showed familiarity and acquaintance,"Grand Doyen sent me here to seek news on the quest."

"Well, that's unusual! Is there anything specific Grand Doyen told you to look out for?" There was a searching look in the first Prince's face that strangely unsettled Shabaan. He had known this boy was shrewd and weird. But how he got to easily see through stuff and assess situations and occurrences were quite extraordinary. Prince Firdaws' discerning ability was frighteningly terrifying as it was accurate. He could make on point inferences from a simple analysis of available hints, no matter how meagre.

In truth, there was actually a thing.. or rather, an answer that the Grand Doyen told him to look for, from Abdul Bâqi Al Aswâdi..

"If the young Sayyid has found the secret of the Profound Steps, there'll be three signs to tell from him." The words of the Grand Doyen were straightforward and uncomplicated.

"One, he'd probably not have any ayaat written behind to be marked.

Thus, there'll be no way to assess him until the test is over and he comes down.."

So far, the first sign had already occurred. By the time he Shabaan had reached there, the scholars didn't even know for sure how the Al Aswâdi had traversed the Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.